Sign in to follow this  
Sleek

How to build a better Faction's base

Hello and welcome to my tut on how to build a better faction base!

Have you even been raided easily with 1-2 TNT? well no more!

Note: This is my first tut so If I did anything wrong please tell me, Thanks!

For this tut I created a base on the ground. For better results try to make your base as high as possible

2014_12_06_15_29_47.png

Dirt = Your base

Stone = Your walls

You will want to build walls every other block like i show here

You should also build a trench on the spaces with no walls so TNT will explode in the wall. 

2014_12_06_15_29_41.png

This is what your wall should look like MAKE SURE IT COVERS ALL OF THE BASE!

You will notice i have put slabs down to stop from someone trying to stack sand to blow the wall up

Make sure you dig a bigger hole where the slab is so the TNT will blow up before it reaches the slab

2014_12_06_15_30_57.png

All we need to do now is cover the wall with water.

2014_12_06_16_04_02.png

Make sure your roof is in a checkered pattern so that sand will not be able to land on it.

Now you have a base that is 100x less likely to get raided

The more wall you put the better protection you have

Any comments or questions feel free to pm me!

Why don't you just use obsidian?

The process is much quicker and more resource efficient.

Not really. If you are building a large wall around your base obsidian will take forever to mine/find enough lava to completely surround the base. I know there are likely some glitches that let you get infinite obsidian but you still have to mine it with a diamond pick and that takes time.

Not really. If you are building a large wall around your base obsidian will take forever to mine/find enough lava to completely surround the base. I know there are likely some glitches that let you get infinite obsidian but you still have to mine it with a diamond pick and that takes time.

Yeah but once you get it done, at around 20 y. You are the best base, and it is unpenetrable. If this is a long term server, double up the obsidian and make it bigger

it just depends on how much you care about it.

Why don't you just use obsidian?

The process is much quicker and more resource efficient.

Much starters don't get diamonds right away and mining that much obsidian is time consuming. 

Pretty sure this is faster when you hop onto a server and you don't want to get raided.

Yeah but once you get it done, at around 20 y. You are the best base, and it is unpenetrable. If this is a long term server, double up the obsidian and make it bigger

I mean if you are a large faction with man-hours to spare I guess so.

Most (If not all) faction servers have an obsidian breaker plugin for this exact reason. It would be far to overpowerd.

Edited by sleek

Most (If not all) faction servers have an obsidian breaker plugin for this exact reason. It would be far to overpowerd.

Being overpowered is the prize for putting that much time into it. Also if you are any good, kill them and lower their dtr (death till raidable) claim over and break in.