Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Destin

Trying to manage SSD space

So I enjoy having CS:GO on my SSD for the fast load times but I'm at the point of 100MB free space, and I was wondering if there is a way to have CS:GO on my HDD, but load the maps off my SSD

Symlink

When I tried /j it said cannot create a file that already exsists but when I tried /d I'm getting Access Denied and I'm running as admin

Have you done the following:

1. Get rid of hibernation file

2. Reduce/Eliminate Page File

If not, start there. That will eliminate about 1.5GB for hibernation (if I recall correctly) and the pagefile is the size of your RAM.

First, How many gigs is your SSD? 128? 256? 512?

Second, What is your operating system? Win XP? Win Vista? Win 7? Win 8? Or OSX Lion, or the other shitty mac OS;s.

If you are Win Vista+ with 64+ bit graphics go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\maps

If your MAC (you shitty bastard): Go fuck your self cuz I don't know.

XP? Welp too laggy.

After that, if your SSD is 128 or below you can do it directly, UNLESS its a "rebeller" using a different coding value of 60, 120, 240, 480, etc. (it uses a different text thingy. Also if your going SSD to HDD, That's also a reason that your failing. The components in the 128, 256, 512 ones are different. They use a A) Marvel controller, B) Samsung Controller, C) OCZ versions 4 use a in-house controller.

Otherwise you have to do shit to loophole the system.

Second, What is your operating system? Win XP? Win Vista? Win 7? Win 8? Or OSX Lion, or the other shitty mac OS;s.

If you are Win Vista+ with 64+ bit graphics go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\maps

XP? Welp too laggy.

After that, if your SSD is 128 or below you can do it directly, UNLESS its a "rebeller" using a different coding value of 60, 120, 240, 480, etc. (it uses a different text thingy. Also if your going SSD to HDD, That's also a reason that your failing. The components in the 128, 256, 512 ones are different. They use a A) Marvel controller, B) Samsung Controller, C) OCZ versions 4 use a in-house controller.

What the fuck are you saying

XP? Welp too laggy.

BTW  if you still want to, you have to upload all the files from there.

i didnt read this because ppl are stupid.

take maps folder move to SSD (assuming the rest of csgo is not on SSD)

go into csgo where maps directory is and delete it if it's still there (assuming you have the folder on your SSD)

open command prompt as administrator cd into the directory of csgo (not on the ssd)

type the following bold mklink /d maps ssd:\csmaps

done.

i didnt read this because ppl are stupid.

take maps folder move to SSD (assuming the rest of csgo is not on SSD)

go into csgo where maps directory is and delete it if it's still there (assuming you have the folder on your SSD)

open command prompt as administrator cd into the directory of csgo (not on the ssd)

type the following bold mklink /d maps ssd:\csmaps

done.

ty bby

ty bby

np, keep in mind shortcut is not a symlink. symlink works different, in this case, it does what you want.