Sign in to follow this  
Levyon

Another Vista Topic

Yeah. It sucks. :P

I'm sticking with XP till Windows gets their new OS out and after its been out for at least 6 months to see if its really changed.

Vista is technically the beta for Windows 7.

Once it finds most of the bugs in Vista, (there are alot more in it than people thought)

It will fix them into windows 7.

Personally, I've had no problems with vista ultimate on my computer, so I don't see why there is so much complaining, yes I know it takes up more space and the 64 bit things, but you safe if you don't use things before 2000.

I have vista but only because the chumps at newegg sent it to me with my new comp. Anyway my school lets me upgrade to vista ultimate for free (one of the few benefits of college is all the free software you can acquire) so I've got alot of cool crap with it. It hasn't given me any problems except that it took some getting use to. They tried to make the user interface too moron friendly and ended up screwing over the more apt computer users...That has been my only complaint

That is why i like a virtural box, because some stuff is crap and in the way. Its easier to use the VB when doing certain apllications and maintence work.

Guest Fohacidal
Its kubuntu, ftw. i keep around sp2 for games.

Dual Boot?

They tried to make the user interface too moron friendly and ended up screwing over the more apt computer users...That has been my only complaint

Seems like they tried to suck in Mac users, who are always saying how user-friendly their Macs are. Ugh.

Yeah, I have Ubuntu Ultimate on another drive. Linux is a ppain though. I have to go out and buy a PCI ethernet card just so I can connect to the internet and it might not work even then. Mac is easy to use, so are PCs. People with PCs hate macs because they have no idea what there doing. Just like when my dad tries to use my PC, he freaks out and starts getting argry because my PC can't do a certain thing...

I accually want to change my stance on Vista.

Its just what everyone wanted.

The only problem is, they made it more like a Mac/Linux.

It made it harder to make programs, drivers, and was taxing on system requirments.

But, you get added security, better reformance for those who have more high-end computers, and a cooler look! :P

Windows 7 is starting from scratch. They are ditching everything and creating a whole new OS.

So, expect more changes, though it willlook alot like Vista.(At least it does so far)

Vista isn't that bad, remember XP had many of the same issues at first. I think Vista is to Win7 what Win2000 was to XP. Maybe I'm getting my versions mixed up but that is what happens with so many iterations. Vista will be replaced with what it should have been in the first place, and that will still have bugs to work out.

Linux - Linux is the shit if you really know what you are doing. If I knew more about programming I would probably have it.

Macs - Macs are lame. I like to be able to go down to Fry's and buy any part I could ever possibly need for my PC. I also don't like spending a shitload of money just because OS comes with some neat tricks. I can do anything with inexpensive 3rd party software that OSX leopard can and still enjoy the benefits of NOT having a Mac. I don't want to have to screw around with virtual machines either. I want my real game playin on my real machine with harware I purchased and know everything about. Plus, the performance for the dollar is shitty. There is a Mac I saw at fry's for $2,500, listed at $5000. I specced it out and I could build a PC at the time with better specs in most cases for around $1700. The only thing that I could not cover was that the MAC had room for 32 Gigs of RAM. WHO THE FUCK NEEDS 32 GIGS OF RAM? If you are running a large enterprise server you might need that much, but you wouldn't want it in that format and you certainly wouldn't be limited to spending a few thousand dollars.