Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Demonoid

So im gunna get a bike next spring

And i just wana get all of ur guys opinions that have bikes or have ridden before

im thinking on getting a used honda cbr 600 for my first bike because i see too many mixed reviews on getting a 250 or a 600 to start out and i dont want to ride a 250 for 2 months get bored of it and sell it id rather just get somethng i want first instead having to go through that whole ordeal

I kno demon is already going to say your going to kill urself get a 250 ninja so dont even bother typing that demon

your going to kill urself get a 250 ninja

That was my line..... ^_^

And i just wana get all of ur guys opinions that have bikes or have ridden before

im thinking on getting a used honda cbr 600 for my first bike because i see too many mixed reviews on getting a 250 or a 600 to start out and i dont want to ride a 250 for 2 months get bored of it and sell it id rather just get somethng i want first instead having to go through that whole ordeal

I kno demon is already going to say your going to kill urself get a 250 ninja so dont even bother typing that demon

If you think you can be responsible and go SUPER easy on the throttle go for it, if you fuck up though it's going to hurt worse on a 600cc than a 250cc. Try not to whiskey throttle it  ;)

The 250 was like a toy for me but the 600 definitely isn't. Just a heads up, when winter rolls around that's the time you will get the best price on a bike. 

Warmer weather/riding season starts = more $$$ for a bike < Winter rolls around/riding season ends = less $$$ for a bike 

I'm sure you've heard this all before, after the countless bike threads. 

starting out, a 250/500 is a ton of fun. They are generally lighter and easier to maneuver. You will have a blast as soon as you get on one of these bikes. 

starting with an inline 4 cylinder 600cc bike(zx6r, gsxr, cbr600, r6) without any previous riding experience can be quite daunting. They have waay too much power for the streets. It really is as simple as that. They are hella fun, given you have an idea of the limits of the engine and know how to handle a bike quite well. (I'm not even going to mention 1000cc bikes. you have to be retarded to start on that)

Personally, I believe starting a smaller 250/500 bike will make for a much more fun experience. You will eventually get used to the power and want more, naturally, but if you spend your cash on a shitty craigslist bike that runs, you should be able to make your money back(as long as it is already 4+ years old). 

Also I'd like to mention the 650 twins. ninja 650r and suzuki sv650. Both are great bikes. They have a bit more pep to their step than a 500(and ofcourse 250), but much more forgiving than one of the i4 bikes. I would consider the 650 twins decent starting bikes. I would say they are a happy medium. Perfect for almost any situation, low speed or high speed(read <100 mph). 

If I were you, my options would be a 250, 500, or 650. This is coming from someone with 17 years of riding experience. 

In a nutshell youll kill yourself get a 250 ninja

u sound like demon

conclusion: im gunna get a 600 over winter proly a 600 cbr hopefully the one i found will still be up for sale

>>asks for advice

>>doesn't follow any of it

this is why i get so fuckin annoyed when faggots ask me my honest opinion and then do the exact opposite. IF YOU WERE GOING TO DO IT ANYWAY WHY WOULD YOU ASK ME! need another person to tell you not to do it?

>>asks for advice

>>doesn't follow any of it

this is why i get so fuckin annoyed when faggots ask me my honest opinion and then do the exact opposite. IF YOU WERE GOING TO DO IT ANYWAY WHY WOULD YOU ASK ME! need another person to tell you not to do it?

Lmao i dont really think anyone would do wat u said..... whos really gunna get a 150 id mind as well get myself a fucking scooter

Man u get mad.... sorry i like to see what other peoples opinions are on wat im going to b doing 

Obviously you couldn't see the sarcasm in my first post then<br /><br />Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapafuckherrightinthepussytalk. <br /><br />

Asks for advice>>>>>>Goes against literally everyones advice 

What was the point of making this thread? Hoping someone is going to reassure you that you're going to be fine on a 600cc sport bike? The ones they take of the racetrack, you're going to kill yourself. What skitt said was on point, you can just make your money back after you get experience. Keep in mind that a TINY bit of throttle is going to make you whiskey throttle if you have no clue what to do. I figure it's going to happen since I'm sure the closet experience you have is a bicycle.

God damnit demonoid, well boys we tried

If you want something intermediate, look at horsepower ratings and aim for 80 hp max. any supersport is gonna be too much. I've had my sv650 for 3-4 years now and it still goes fast enough for me. Sure I crave faster, but a skilled rider can outride a newbie on a 600rr

Maintenance is going to be a bit higher on any motard. Also don't use them for constant highway travel, but for zipping around town and the occasional highway ride, they're a blast. Also that off-road, mmmmmyes

Maintenance is going to be a bit higher on any motard. Also don't use them for constant highway travel, but for zipping around town and the occasional highway ride, they're a blast. Also that off-road, mmmmmyes

well its going to be mainly for going around town but wat do u think i drive on the highway for about 10 mins to get to work and same to go to workout.. that aint too bad or is it and by maintenance what do u mean? oil changes or wa

With a sumo it's best to at least check everything at 1/2 to 3/4 the miles for a bike. Brakes, valves, etc. The more off road you do, the more often you'll want to.check things.<br /><br />Change oil and filter every 1500 to 2000.<br /><br />The good thing is that it's all pretty easy and quick.<br /><br />As for highway riding, that's fine. Just the constant high revs are going to wear on the engine. No more than 30min I'd say.

I would be ecstatic to have a supermoto. I've ridden dirt all my life and have never had the opportunity to convert any of my bikes to street. A drz(or any other dirt bike) is gonna be a lot lighter and easier to ride than most bikes, and a shitload of fun. What Josh says is totally on the money, they require a bit more maintenance because they aren't as highly developed engines as real street bikes. You'll have deal with a carb, which can be a bitch sometimes. However, electric starters are a godsend, which the (current)DRZ comes with. 

I have an 08 600RR, absolutely do NOT get one as your first bike. I'm sorry to be blunt, but you just have no concept of how much power a bike like that has. The bike will do 0-60 in about 3.2 seconds, to put that in perspective that's faster than a porsche 911. Also the insurance is a TON compared to literally anything else, they WILL price gouge you for a super sport or super bike.

I've had 250's and they're a ton of fun, heck I even have a 125 I ride around town right now that I love. However if you're just so dead set that you're going to "outgrow" a 250, why not like a newer ninja 300, or a Ninja 500R (water cooled), Suzuki GS500F(air cooled), SV650/Vstrom, Versys/Ninja 650.

As far as sumos go, ton of fun, but will require more maintenance. I absolutely love the new Honda CRF250L, there is the KLX250SF, DRZ400SM of course, KTM SM610/LC4/Duke, Husky SM450, in certain states (not here in CA sadly) you can convert dirt bikes with kits to get them registered, then you have like the YZ4XX series and the CRF4XX series, however both with require quite a bit of engine maintenance compared to their tuned for street use counterparts.

TL:DR Buy a Ninja 500R if you wanna sportbike, but still wanna live.

EDIT: JK I forgot I'm trying to sell mine, ignore my post above, buy it, I'll give you an SG discount :3