Sign in to follow this  
-Vault-

DayZ Standalone vs DayZ Mod

So before DayZ came out with their own game on steam, i had Arma and Operation Arrow Head. I never got it working correctly, I kept spawning as a bird and flying around... Anyways, how does the Mod compare to the standalone? Does one work better?

So I ask, is it better to but DayZ Alpha, or try and get the Mod to work?

Standalone right now isn't much fun playing since its in Early Alpha and they don't have much in. They add lots of new features and items every update, which is roughly every 1 1/2 months. I bought it in Alpha just because it was cheap.
Imo, since you already have mod, just get it working. If that's too tiresome, buy the Alpha and play it with what it has now, which is a lot of cool things. Beta should come and bring a lot more, and eventually release will happen.

dayz standalone sucks balls. Arma 2 dayz much better with actual vehicles in the game and much more weapons. Arma 3 dayz haven't played much but i think they are trying to make it work on it. Overall i think arma 2 dayz is better then the rest atm.