Sign in to follow this  
Audiovox

Custom CrossHairs?

I can make cross hairs pretty easy. They are kinda limited though cause of the way Source handles them. But I can make them any color, or combination of colors, you can make them whatever size you want. Just ask here and I'll make one for you real quick. Also, I made a script that is basically select fire on auto weapons, except snipers. You have Full Auto, Three Shot burst (Two on slower weapons such as the Ak) and Semi-Auto. They are toggled by a button you bind, mines on Q. There seems to be some controversy involving player scripts like that, but the way I see it, it's all about what people are capable of. I have the ability to make the scripts and have that sort of capability much like a guy who has money can buy a sick ass computer, so I believe there is nothing fundamentally wrong with my script cause it does not give any real advantage. But it is useful ;) Talk about it here please.

-Audio

i remember back in the day there was a source command to change the look of crosshairs. i had mine really small and green. it helped a lot with head shots. as for multishot scripts, i would not allow them on my server.

As of now, I know of no way to manipulate the physical shape of the cross hairs, but animated ones are a go (see demo for a little example) I have never seen anyone else do this before, so it's very new territory for me, but I think I may be able to do transparent ones in conjunction with the animation and maybe even a cross hair that is the opposite of the color it's on in the back ground, like dynamically changing to oppose the pixel the cross hair resides on.

EDIT: Turns out Demos do not support that kind of animation, so it's just black >> If you still wanna see, I can post the files and you can test for yourself.

As I said before, no ones ever done this that I'm aware of, and I'm certainly no expert with Source textures and materials, but it should be fun to see what all is possible. Post your ideas here xD

-Audio

Update on the cross hairs. I have no problems with making animated crosshairs, but the transparent are not quite functioning yet. Specify some colors and I'll make you one ;) As for the script, I'll just post two versions of that here in the forums in a bit.

-Audio

I played with a CAL team for a while (XGO) on a Dust 2 server, learned this nifty command to resize your crosshair.

In console, type cl_crosshairscale #. The # should be replaced with the scale - I use 2800 and find it to be adequate. Caution! Changing anything in your Options menu will reset your crosshair and you'll have to retype the command.

Audio, I would love you so much if you could hook me up with the select fire script (and tell me how to implement it :P). Would be enormously helpful in playing normal CS, and would help improve accuracy (and thus damage) on the zombie server.

Ok, heres one version

This is the Full-Auto, Three/Two shot and Semi-auto with color and size change bound to Q.

//Full Auto, 3 Shot and Single Shot/CrossHair color change script

alias "wait5" "wait; wait; wait; wait; wait";

alias "wait3" "wait; wait; wait";

alias "wait7" "wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait";

alias "burst" "+attack; wait5; -attack";

alias "burst3" "+attack; wait7; wait5; -attack; +attack; wait7; wait3; -attack; +attack; wait5; -attack";

alias "+normal" "+attack";

alias "-normal" "-attack";

alias "burst_bind" "cl_crosshairscale 2000; cl_crosshaircolor 1; bind mouse1 burst; bind q normal_bind"

alias "3burst_bind" "cl_crosshairscale 1500; cl_crosshaircolor 3; bind mouse1 burst3; bind q burst_bind"

alias "normal_bind" "cl_crosshairscale 1000; cl_crosshaircolor 2; bind mouse1 +normal; bind q 3burst_bind"

bind "q" "burst_bind"

This one is Full auto and Three/Two shot with color change and size.

//Full Auto, 3 Shot and CrossHair color change script

alias "wait3" "wait; wait; wait";

alias "wait7" "wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait";

alias "burst3" "+attack; wait7; wait5; -attack; +attack; wait7; wait3; -attack; +attack; wait5; -attack";

alias "3burst_bind" "cl_crosshairscale 1500; cl_crosshaircolor 3; bind mouse1 burst3; bind q normal_bind"

alias "normal_bind" "cl_crosshairscale 1000; cl_crosshaircolor 2; bind mouse1 +normal; bind q 3burst_bind"

bind "q" "burst_bind"

Last one is Full-auto and Semi-auto selector with color change and size

//Full Auto and Single Shot CrossHair color change script

alias "burst" "+attack; wait5; -attack";

alias "burst_bind" "cl_crosshairscale 2000; cl_crosshaircolor 1; bind mouse1 burst; bind q normal_bind"

alias "normal_bind" "cl_crosshairscale 1000; cl_crosshaircolor 2; bind mouse1 +normal; bind q burst_bind"

bind "q" "burst_bind"

Keep in mind these are toggled with Q and they go in your autoexec.cfg under the

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\youraccountname\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg

directory. If there is no autoexec.cfg there, just download the one I attached to this post. Or if you know how to make one, just do that and paste the code you want in it and restart CSS. That's key, if you install during a game, you must exit CSS and run it again for the autoexec.cfg to be run and do all that stuff. Oh yeah, the forums do not allow uploads of that type >< I'll just upload to rapidshare then. The one I upload will be Full-auto and Semi-auto, but you can copy and paste over the text with what you want off the post and it should work fine.

http://rapidshare.com/files/107014163/autoexec.cfg.html

Please report any questions or bugs here ^^ and I'll post a cross hair soon, once I find an overall good one. One last note, it says Three/Two shot because with the M4 it fires three times, but on the Ak only two, weapons of similar fire rate to the Ak will also shoot two. All pistols are always still single shot, and be careful when you use the Three/Two shot cause it is not meant for spraying and commands can get piled up and it might not perform as you'd like. So, spray with full auto and use three shot and single for calculated shots and for when you are running around.

-Audio

Oh also, you can customize the scripts if you can figure out how they work. Like, change how big or small the cross hairs get when you switch to another mode or the color it changes to. As Meh said, cl_crosshairscale will change the size of the cross hair, smaller values make bigger cross hairs and larger values make smaller ones. The colors are numbered, like, 1-6 or 7, however many colors CSS has by default. As is, my script makes the Full-auto color blue, the Three/Two shot yello and the Semi-auto red. The sizes are as follows; Auto=Big(ish) Burst=Medium Single=Small. They are actually set to 2000, 1500 and 1000. Ok, enough talking, go play with it and report back with thoughts.

-Audio

Ok, till I figure out the animated ones a little more, I'll show y'all the reg one I like best so far. It's very visible in light and dark situations and just looks pretty cool anyways.

http://rapidshare.com/files/107027203/Swee...sHairs.zip.html

It's a Black Cross hair with a Neon Green center in the middle of each uhhh, cross hair thingy. Should give you an idea as to what I mean by custom cross hair anyways. To install, simply place the two files in your

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\audiovox951\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\VGUI

directory, if it does not exist then create it. Make sure that translucent is unchecked in the spray options in game and don't worry about color, you can have whatever color you want selected and it will show as the custom one. Find a good size for it, experiment, I've found it to be fairly good at just about any size and I tend to prefer smaller sizes.

-Audio

Ok, awesome stuff. I have two animated crosshairs for you. One is an animated version of the one I posted earlier. The other is a cycling color gradient. It has 180 frames and goes through the entire color scheme pretty much. I did not make the animation, but I did place it in the corsshair thing. It's pretty sweet. Installation is same as the other one, just place in the VGUI directory and go play. I've heard of DX Issues with these kind of things, but if you run DX 9 or higher it shouldn't be an issue.

-Audio

Ok, heres a pic of the animated colors one and the reg black and green one.

2akjj4g.jpg

Keep in mind that the colors one is a smooth cycle through all the colors I screened as well as the colors between them, ie a gradient. Also, the Black and Green one doesn't look all that good on the pics, but it's much better looking in game. I took pics of the Black and Green one in the Large, Medium and Small setting on the Spray options, then I made it cl_crosshairscale 400, that is the biggest one. I prefer the gradient cross hair over all so far.

-Audio

Im getting a problem with switching back to the semi... i like the semi... fix it! pl0x? When i switch the the semi i can switch to full auto.. but not back to semi QQ