Sign in to follow this  
kano donn

Welp... Dis shit aint easy. I tell you that.

Yap this is getting easier and easier. 

0QTxOgE.jpg

Check this out. So I made a world in minecraft and this is where I spawned. ITs fucking perfect to port over. 

This is hard part number one. There is not a direct way to port MC maps to anything that would work in .bsp.....

So I have one screen with a map viewer and the other with hammer. I am physically counting each fucking block and making the same in hammer.... 

It may take a while but its going to be so much better then the shitty fucking maps that are out there...

So get this, No gmod mc map out there to date is made to the same ratio as MC. Just look at the blocks next to the doors. Ima let you check that out and ruin your perspective of it all. 

First thing I did was figure out what height the blocks in hammer have to be to match your eve level in minecraft. One block in MC is the same as 40 units in hammer. Its not ideal but it works well enough. 

Hard part number two. If you know about hammer, there are some basic dimensions that exist. First major one is that the player can only walk up stairs that are no greater then 16 units. I also refuse to make a map where folks have to crouch jump up every single fucking block. So that requires ramps.... Between each block...... 

That, and the method of doing the transfer, is going to required me to dump a fuck ton of time into this map.......... But its easily going to be the best fucking minecraft map we will have. 

Here is what I would love to see you fine Minecraft folks do.

Ima give you the map and coordinates of this place, And I want you to build shit. The best shit you can image. Post pictures of what you build in this area here and I will port it over. 

The map is only going to be 40 blocks in radius from that stone circle in the middle of the picture. Keep that in mind. 

Here is the minecraft map:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3w3e273i0rcycve/AAB674R5PajXqKc-GSu9ivTXa/TTT%20map.zip

The coords are 180 77 185

From the middle of that circle, 40 units in a square. Thats going to be the TTT map. Go go go go.

Edited by kano donn

But its a start. Honestly getting to here was the hard part. Expect to see something playable soonish. 

J1BcHYJ.jpg

If you want I could build a map in minecraft for you to convert to TTT, just have to tell me what you want.

lmao did you even read Kano's post

I had actually opened this page before his second post so I didn't know he asked for people to help build something for him.

Edited by Matthew

are you going to be a minecraft purist and make any fences not able to be jumped over? God, I hate maps like that.

pls no

are you implementing a traitor tester too :)

Edited by cookie eater

This is hard part number one. There is not a direct way to port MC maps to anything that would work in .bsp.....

Actually it wouldn't be that hard to do, the vmf format is pretty basic.