Sign in to follow this  
Arrkham

Need some computer help please.

I just sold my laptop and I am trying to put a computer together (It is an old computer that contains parts of several computer I used to use). This way I could make sure I can still play GMOD. But I am having one issue. The computer has weird power connectors that I havent worked with before. I was able to get the Power SW cord in the right spot to where the computer turns on.

10351517_812413815456428_500700228331884 The Power SW Cord (as shown below) plug into the first green and blue 2 Prong right next to the red ones. 

10348447_812413695456440_498595340219728

That is the cord that plug into the green/blue 2 Prong. Now, I have 4 other cords I need to plug in before the computer can start working properly. I don't know which one to plug each cord into, so that is why I am here. 

The first one is the H.D.D. LED cord.

10525588_812413765456433_755206866709874

Next is the reset SW cord.

10525588_812413765456433_755206866709874

The next 2 (sorry for the blurry photo) say +P LED and -P Led. +P is a green cord, the other is a white cord. The +P and -P are separate, and are only 1 Prong.

10476500_812413732123103_567216176671991

All these cords run to the front of the computer, as shown below.

10537422_812413658789777_570505189706240

Here are the power buttons on the other side of those cords.

10448751_812413632123113_792580922809553

So I just need to know where to plug in these cords so I can get my computer running to play GMOD. Any help will do.

Also I am looking for a cheap graphics card, the card would fit into the big yellow slot in the photo below. Any suggestions on cards that would work with this motherboard?

10329023_812413602123116_165409121937207

If you upload a full picture (reasonably clear) I can circle the pins for you, but it's a double row of about 8 pins in total. They should actually be labelled in small white writing on your motherboard, but it's possible they aren't.

One is powerswitch, one is hard drive activity light, one is your power light, one is your annoying as sin speaker that I usually leave disconnected. If you want the general location of the pins, while your case is standing up they would be near the right/bottom edge.

The powercords to the front of your panel are for fans/led lights.

Edit: OH! I misunderstood and see that you did show the pins. My mistake. Truly the only one (Power switch) you need you already have. Are you certain the computer doesn't run without your LED lights? My suggestion would be to either play around with them or to go to the manufacturer website and download the manual. I'll find you a suggestion for a cheap PCI-e card.

EditEdit: Resolving/resolved over steam

Edited by Litus

The all green one says F_USB4, the other either says FP1 or FPI.

10429386_812428878788255_622514214274085

Edited by λrkham Knight

The last image: It looks like a PCI-e 2.0+ so you should be fine with anything you put into it. I bet it will be the standard 16x if not 8x if its a cheapie, regardless it means nothing.

As for the power connections, I suggest finding a manual for it. Also, do not plug anything into the 1394 spot unless it says so. Generally, I'm sure you could guess and it will work because it seems to mainly be LED lights.

Dat two sticks of RAM, beast as shit!

as coolness said, most are cosmetic, only power matters, however, if you want it all hooked up, you need to dl the manual for your motherboard and it will tell you what all the pins are.

also.. is that an AGP graphics slot? :D 

AGP slots where usually brown.

Also don't listen to these morons! You don't even need the power switch. I mean it is useful if you are always turning your computer on and off but who does that these days? Just take a screw driver and touch the pins you would plug that switch into. Now you have a powered on computer and don't need to worry about the power switch.

Just take a screw driver and touch the pins you would plug that switch into. Now you have a powered on computer and don't need to worry about the power switch.

I've used a powerclip as a ghetto jumper with a caseless setup. I rarely ever powered it down. <.<

AGP slots where usually brown.<br /><br />Also don't listen to these morons! You don't even need the power switch. I mean it is useful if you are always turning your computer on and off but who does that these days? Just take a screw driver and touch the pins you would plug that switch into. Now you have a powered on computer and don't need to worry about the power switch.
true story I undid mine because my kid kept hitting it mid game

As shown in this image, this is a AGP socket:

AGP_slot.jpg

Edit:

AGP slots where usually brown.

Also don't listen to these morons! You don't even need the power switch. I mean it is useful if you are always turning your computer on and off but who does that these days? Just take a screw driver and touch the pins you would plug that switch into. Now you have a powered on computer and don't need to worry about the power switch.

Believe it or not, every motherboard is different. I want to say the cheaper motherboards in some cases do not have a power button on the board itself.

Edited by BLiNDBoi