Sign in to follow this  
DarkPredator

Rule Clarification: Gun Dropping

When a CT orders a T to drop a gun, must the CT say "no detours no delays" for the T to complete the order?

Extra questions: What about look commands? I believed that detours and delays were for movement type commands only

When a CT orders a T to drop a gun, must the CT say "no detours no delays" for the T to complete the order?

You have to tell them to drop it with no detours or delays along with their name in the order, so yes.

To clarify what the MOTD says:

It says that the warden must specify no detours no delays for all commands but it does not specify that other CTs must do this when giving commands (The drop weapon command is the only one a non-warden can give).

There is no reason why this shouldn't apply to this command as well because that's how we've always played. Every order requires "no detours, no delays," it's the JB moto. This shouldn't be an exception.

There is no reason why this shouldn't apply to this command as well because that's how we've always played. Every order requires "no detours, no delays," it's the JB moto. This shouldn't be an exception.

Look commands never did, and I 100% believe they still don't.

Gun drop commands I know didn't before, now I'm not sure.

pretty sure you have to specify no detours or delays when dropping a gun, most wardens say 

"Cookie drop the gun without picking it up or passing it on with no deets or dallys"

Every single one of these clarification threads has been cancerous. Everything is explained in the rules, seriously. Calling a T by name and telling them to do something is a direct order, but it still needs the suffix, "No detours no delays."

h. The warden must specify that the Ts cannot detour or delay when giving any command. (Including freeze and direct orders)

EDIT: This, of course, applies to the CTs as well. How retarded would the gametype have to be for any other player on the CT team having more power than the warden?

Most wardens also say a lot of stupid shit

JB rules are like a language, constantly evolving based on the persons that use it

Whether or not this rule is already set in stone or if it has evolved to be this way without a set rule, I just want confirmation

It's been a year since the last MOTD rework. Maybe time to take a look and tweak some more?

i dont think it does, camelfun found the part that clarified this issue.

we did a great rework of the motd, if you think it needs tweaked, then you should send in suggestions ;p

Every single one of these clarification threads has been cancerous. Everything is explained in the rules, seriously. Calling a T by name and telling them to do something is a direct order, but it still needs the suffix, "No detours no delays."

h. The warden must specify that the Ts cannot detour or delay when giving any command. (Including freeze and direct orders)

EDIT: This, of course, applies to the CTs as well. How retarded would the gametype have to be for any other player on the CT team having more power than the warden?

i dont think it does, camelfun found the part that clarified this issue.

I disagree.

The rule states "the warden must" and not "All CTs must".

That either excludes the rest of the CT team from having to add it to the single command they are allowed to give, or leaves room for misinterpretation. While personally I'd say it regardless, if the purpose of this is rule clarification then the rule is not clear.

My original question was valid, given that it didnt use to be like that, some rules are stated, and some just grow to be generally accepted, then are written down later

staff ruled on it, so, the rule is set in stone, time to move on

also i dont appreciate a valid thread being called cancerous, it has a chilling effect