Sign in to follow this  
yeet

Any boot camp stories you've heard? My date is June 18th / Advice

i dont think it's very common, but i've seen it before. af has a lot more atcs than the marines/navy do

Interesting.. I know Navy has the same rate just never thought that the af would be used 

taking pride in contracting with KBR is one more item that makes me doubt you were ever a "real Soldier" in any branch of service. KBR is the worst fucking company to ever enter the combat zone.  and I'm sure SSgt was intended to mean that, because a real NCO would ever refer to themself as a rank that they didn't earn. fucking poser.   post up a redacted 214 or shut the fuck up

Interesting.. I know Navy has the same rate just never thought that the af would be used 

pretty sure it's a thing to commend "good" air force guys, ask DOT, pretty sure he was an air force (although equally possible that he was just in AF JROTC in his high school) scrub who saw his buddies get to do shit like that. 

Youre kidding me right? KBR was awesome with the guys I worked with. Also I dont have to prove shit to you you are not worth the time but thank you for showing anyone reading this youre a fucking retard.

(serious note) don't double post, use your edit button please

(back to bashing) kbr is horrible, ask any real Soldier, Airman or Marine. kbr sucked, they had shit food, shit workers and more often then not had taliban locals working trash details.   EOD doesn't mean shit to me, with all the IEDs i saw, it clearly shows EOD wasn't pulling their weight, probably sitting on the boardwalk in KDHR or fucking off at bking in bagram. 

I was 82D Airborne Division, where real men server and standards are upheld. enjoy your "army" where you could look/dress/act like shit and still think you're a professional.

I am sorry you had a bad experience with EOD but at the same time you have to recognize we drove all over Iraq and Afghanistan. There never was enough of us. Theres always the joke we played Halo and shit but I can attest during the years of 2003-2005 where I did back to back deployments from Iraq to Afghanistan where we were turned around in Germany to go to Afghanistan after 4 weeks of sitting around due to uppers fucking shit up. We all did our best for everyone, for example, I was at Bagram and told my squad was being choppered to Khost to deal with an IED on the side of a mountain. Thank God MK19's were still allowed and we were sent a discription of the device and our commander sent comms to have a field day with the MK19 and to pay them 50 cents a head if they killed any sheep. The system was and is fucked, it wasnt our faults so take you blaming bullshit of EOD not doing anything out of here. As for KBR being bad, food is always shit in Afghanistan, the locals hired always pissed in it, the living conditions were shit, but the reason I enjoyed it was that we were allowed to leave the country for 2 weeks every 3 months. A lot of guys were not able to due to bullshit so if those you knew hated it, they either had marital problems, never deployed there, or just didnt fucking belong there as the money was worth it at 225 a year, even at 36% taxes. On a serious note if you get the chance to go to Thailand fucking do it man, and Euro absinthe is the shit.

By the way, I am sure the 82nd was that way, I would have loved to have gone airborne. EOD companies dont follow big Army bullshit, we never did PT, had hands in our pockets and didnt give a fuck who told us what unless they were in our company. I am hearing that shits changing now though as well, but even in 1998 when I finished EOD school we didnt do any of the faggotry. 

Edited by DOT :D

my cousins a marine and he says that the staff sergeants will not be afraid to be the shit out of you. when he first became a marine and he fucked up he said theyd take em out to the sand pits and just take a beating. i mean i doubt this will happen to you in boot camp but if you do become a marine be prepared for harsh consequences if you fuck up.

also he said dont try to be a suckup to the SS's. they apparently dont like that gay shit

They most likely wouldn't dare lay a hand on him in the new strict rules of the military, only time that actually happens is at the ranges when you do something that neglects the safety of others(Like flagging the shit out of people with your weapon) I can't speak for Marine combatives, but in Infantry OSUT for Army they have a tradition where you fight the DSs during your final day of combatives week, and you'll pretty much learn what it's like to get the literal shit beat out of you. (My class fortunately didn't have this day of combatives, as we were a shortened cycle)

Don't be the worst and don't be the best

THE BEST FUCKING POST IN THIS THREAD....THIS....THIS....THIS

One of my friends went to marine training in USA and he told me that you need to be prepared for pretty harsh physical conditions. Where he went, his training was designed to wear them down and weed out the weak. Sometimes you might want to quit, but you should always remember your goal and stay on course.

BULLSHIT.....It's made to get "some" people to quit on themselves at the very start, but the main part of every branches basic/boot camp is to transition someone from a civilian to soldier/Marine/sailor/airman with as minimal failures as possible. They WANT as many to graduate as possible for the standard that is set, so they're not trying to just "weed out" the weak, that's for selection courses and schools. What they're trying to do, is successfully mold the biggest pussy at basic/boot camp into a decent soldier/Marine/sailor/airmen. They will build you up physically from the start to finish, so don't stress about the PT. I can't speak for all branches of course since I'm just Army(I know, Marine as a name is deceiving) but my Infantry OSUT class went from 230-170ish for graduating. Infantry OSUT is suppose to be the hardest the Army has to offer for initial training of MOS's, but most the people not graduating on time were due to stress fractures from ruck marches, it's all just mental fortitude that is required to keep going.

My friend went to Paris Island for Marine training. Hes tall but he went there just as a scrawny ass kid right out of high school. Hes stationed in California right now so I think he has a pretty good gig at the moment.

But also I know this kid who im not really friends with but I went to high school with him. He was honestly the quietest, chubby-ass spanish kid in the whole grade. He went to marine training and he looks completely fucking different.

Go running alot and workout as much as you can. Focus on your upper body since I assume your going to have to be pulling yourself over alot of shit.

Upper body is a little more frequent in the Marines than Army, but it's pretty much running and rucking(especially if you're training to become infantry) that you need to prepare yourself for. Legs, legs, legs, and more legs. Stress fractures in the hip are such common injuries that he needs to build himself up for that, upper body will be built up throughout his course of 13 weeks. All basic/boot camps are typically overhyped after boots and privates get out. Yeah it's shitty, but it's no where near Ranger school like so many try to make it sound like.

Go running. A lot of running.

The second best post in this thread, and you fuckers downvoted him to shit.

Initial training sucks, but you'll be ok. The PT at your recruiting station will give you a good idea of what's to come, but the worst part won't be the physical aspect, it will be the mental aspect. Being a grunt does suck, that's the point of it. Your leadership will want to constantly be on you to make your life miserable, so that when you deploy and have a chance to shoot at someone, you have all that built up anger and aggression.

Edited by Marine

grunt.. airforce... nope.

i read this as "pink slips to NCOs who knew the rules and chose to break them by vandalizing government property" <-- sound like A+ ncos, would definitely deploy with..

TBH I'm not quite sure what he does, never really talks about it but all I know is he ain't a pilot.

Hm? Carriers as in Navy carriers?

I believe so, I think he said he was stationed on one of the carriers that was out by Iran recently when we had carriers there.

I don't know a thing for Marines. I can ask a few around the middle of next month, though -- see what they recommend for new recruits. I would ask sooner, but we don't get them back until then.

I was in ROTC in H.S every summer for the four years I was in it we went to  fort macleod wisconsin for two weeks! We did the basic P.T at 400 clean the barracks then breakfast! Then we did more P.T and then we was allow to go on some of the course since we was still in H.S! Well thats all I can remember lol! 

I was Army EOD and I was medically retired because i was blown up one to many times you cum guzzling fuck nut. I refered to being a SSgt as simplying saying Sgt would give a range from Sgt to SFC, I served in Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan I couldnt give any shit about you believing me all that matters is I know and the guys I served with know, so whether an off spring of a brothel house whore didn't believe me does not hurt me one bit. I had the prviledge of contracting with KBR which was fantastic and allowed me to never encounter fucking cum dumpsters like yourself again. Don't forget I am also 80% disabled from the VA so I am getting more money on top of that which is amazing. Thank you for paying your taxes other wise I don't know where I would get my stripper money. If you knew actually anything except being failed abortion you would take pride in the individual and not the dumbass paper work you do day in and day out. 

I applaud you.