Sign in to follow this  
Ordinarygamer96

Idea for a map

I think a neat map would be say an underground prison with an elevator to the surface and the surface is a tropical island with lots locations for rebellers to use. The bunker can have the cells and most games with a couple island themed games on the surface. The thought just kinda came to my head and I figured id put it out there for any interested mappers to try it. Not a lot to go on but I think it could have a neat visual look to it.

It sounds like a good idea in theory, but I can't see it working out too well in practice if the Ts are dependent on an elevator to even reach the main part of the map. I'd imagine it would be difficult for the CTs to reliably send the Ts to the elevator and then emerge to the surface without incident. Most of the Ts would probably find some opportunity to rebel and end the round before the elevator is even sent up, or there won't be enough CTs on the surface ready to contain all those Ts on the elevator once it stops.

For this type of map, I would have the main cell block on the surface so the CTs can easily send the Ts to access the games on the surface. However, there would be an elevator very close by to it that would lead to a bunker area that has some more games. Most rounds usually don't go that far from the main cell-block, so it's a good idea to have your main cellblock act as a central hub of sorts with a couple of things to do if you want to have an enjoyable JB map. Or at the very least, make it so that the Ts can leave the cell area as painlessly as possible like in Minecraft.

There could be double elevators that go up together one for ts one for cts. But ya the idea still works if you interchange it. Ya know if you did do it now that I think about it instead of an underground prison the bunker could be an old Japanese bunker from ww2 that's happens to be on the same island as the prison. With the vents being like the tunnels the viet cong dug during Vietnam.

Haha you could design the prison off an old north vietnamese pow camp

Edited by Ordinarygamer96

It sounds like a good idea in theory, but I can't see it working out too well in practice if the Ts are dependent on an elevator to even reach the main part of the map. I'd imagine it would be difficult for the CTs to reliably send the Ts to the elevator and then emerge to the surface without incident. Most of the Ts would probably find some opportunity to rebel and end the round before the elevator is even sent up, or there won't be enough CTs on the surface ready to contain all those Ts on the elevator once it stops.

For this type of map, I would have the main cell block on the surface so the CTs can easily send the Ts to access the games on the surface. However, there would be an elevator very close by to it that would lead to a bunker area that has some more games. Most rounds usually don't go that far from the main cell-block, so it's a good idea to have your main cellblock act as a central hub of sorts with a couple of things to do if you want to have an enjoyable JB map. Or at the very least, make it so that the Ts can leave the cell area as painlessly as possible like in Minecraft.

You could use the fail jail system with a ct elevator next to it and make it team dependent so that you cant jump after ceetees, and the way i saw his map it would be majority of games are underground and the rebeller spot would be above. A cool feature to travel up and down for rebellers would be a ground booster and then a surf thing to fling you up or down really fast. it would have to be hard to access. It would be a neat turn because on most maps all the games are above ground and the vents are below.