Sign in to follow this  
Smuurfis

The vote for next map [Suggestion]

I don't understand one thing. Why is only the in-game vote from admins (ex. vote for warday) only valid if 1=x 2=yes 3=no. But the vote for the next map has all its alternatives in 1-6 or something, without 1 being x (vote does not count). I think this always favors the map which is number 1 on the vote, because people who dont care just click 1 to remove the pop-up box. This is the exact same reason why 1 always has to be x (vote doesn't count) in admins polls because it favors the first alternative. So why doesn't the vote for the next map use the same system? If there is no important reason why it is not, I would suggest that the staff/engineers adds this to the server for a more evenhanded vote for the next map in the jailbreakservers.

Best regards, your Smuurfis

Edited by Smuurfis

You have a point, but there is a difference between warday votes and map votes. Warday votes are votes that can be ignored because if it doesn't pass, then the server can continue on with a normal round, but if a map vote is ignored... well... there is no new map.

Edit: most of our maps are quality maps anyway.

Edited by Count

The maplist has it's own order in regards to how the maps are arranged. Whenever someone !nominate's a map however, that map gets moved to the first slot on the mapvote list. So while people spamming 1 on the mapvote may be attributed to said issue, you have to also realize that the map was nominated by someone, meaning other people also would like to play that map.

Sorry, too tired to fix my syntax from sounding retarded.