Sign in to follow this  
Serif The Sheriff

Health Cap for Crypt, MS, and KJ

So KJ's ult has always been utter crap, and unless you get the expertise it's pretty much useless. However, since the expertise was added a life cap of 125 was added to KJ which I think is a little ridiculous when Master Sniper and Crypt Lord have no life cap and the ults are all very similar. Master Sniper gets 25hp every 25 seconds, Crypt gets 25hp and armor every 30 seconds, and then KJ gets 5hp every 30 (20 with expertise) and yet KJ is the only one with a life cap. I think KJ's life cap should be raised to 150, and a life cap should be put in place for both Crypt and MS, otherwise it's possible for a player to be hitting 300 hp before the round is over and at that point unless they are a total noob they pretty much can't die.

i agree with the capping but who wants to sit in a corner and wait every 30sec for the ultimate just for 25/30hp while u can just lifesteal it

Because a KJ is 95% invisible it is easy for you to escape and re-heal your lost health. A crypt lord cannot hide unless in plain sight so he relies on being tanky if his strategy was to spam his ult in a safe spot. Because when a crypt lord engages it will be either death or victory it is more suitable that his life not be capped, where as a KJ can have death, victory, escape, or victory & escape.

Think about it. KJ loses 50 hp, it takes 30 seconds to get 5HP. That means it takes 5 minutes to get 50 hp back(unless you have expertise which in that case it takes 1:30), he is good at jumping around and escaping, but the hiding part is false. TL;DR It takes way to long to regain health.

Personally I think the ult should be buffed to 10 per heal, 5 is more or less useless. I'm also not sure if enemies can hear when your ult comes up but if they can, that's a bad thing on some maps.

True story, I was going to make it 1 hp as a nod towards what the WCS ultimate was, but I made it 5hp so it would at least be slightly useful. I'd be happy to increase the health it heals to 10, but I don't think it should have more max hp, because that would be an incentive to hide for a while after every battle.

Cooldown noise is heard by all, but it would be trivial to change it to only play for you. I don't really see an upside for enemies and allies hearing it, does anybody mind if I change it to only play for you?

If you're being sneaky at a bomb plant the noise could give you away, esp. on maps like dolls if you hide behind the dollhouse or in other unexpected areas like on the light fixtures in assault or something.

I have seen several people (myself sometimes included) who play Crypt and MS and just camp until they get a big health boost from their ults and then go out to fight with huge health boosts. I guess the way I see it of the three races that give themselves health boosts like that, KJ has by far the weakest one (until you get the expertise and it's still the weakest) and it is the only one with a life cap, and it's a low life cap at that