Sign in to follow this  
Name

Compendiums so far.

For any gamer who hasn't been following the news, Dota's world championship (The International) is coming up again. Compendiums, $10 books that give you a bunch of shit related to the international (and a bunch of other shit too) went on sale starting at midnight west coast time yesterday (5/10). After 48 hours of being on sale, the amount of Compendium-related goods that have been sold totals $7,600,000, increasing the prize pool for the tournament from ValvE's $1,600,000 to $3,500,000. Biggest E-sports pool for an event to date. By the time the tournament actually gets here, I wouldn't be surprised if the pool passes $5,000,000. Whether you play Dota or not, this is pretty cool shit.

Well within 24 hours the Dota community managed to fully raise the prize pool by a full $1 million and since only 1/4 of the compendium charge is put towards the prize pool(and other compendium related stuff) The dota community spent a collective $4 million on crowd funding a tournament

Big question is, how much does the winner get?

I haven't seen any source on the split of the prize pool, I believe it's still under debate. There's a big community movement right now to have the split be bigger (More teams get a chunk of it, bringing in the lower ranking teams) because if you give all the money to a couple teams, it doesn't foster growth of more teams

For every compedium bought, the prize increase 2.50$. And Dota 2 is one of the most played games on steam. Last year the pool was on 2.8 millon$ or aproximated. I dont remember but, you have to get at least at quarters finals to start getting money.

For more information check the compedium pool of last year.

http://www.dota2.com/international2013/home/overview/

So... I totally didn't read the part where it said the custom effects will only last until the end of the International til yesterday... Makes me sad. Guess it isn't worth trying to get the custom Dagon effect at all. Although, getting extra immortal items will still be legit.

Also update: $5,213,445. Should easily hit $6,000,000 before the tournament's end; probably even before the tournament starts. Wonder if they're gonna add anymore stretch goals like they did last year.

Edited by Jiyeon

The real question is at which point will they add the stretch goal to add techies.

they'll wait till they can reasonably estimate the total prize pool, then put the techies goal ~1 mil past that

Can you guys please support the other compendiums as well? TI4 isn't the only tournament going on. EMS One and BTSs first lan tourney. Don't forget about those please, I don't play DOTA 2 OR I would.