Sign in to follow this  
DMatakami

Throwing some content out there (shameless plug)

Something definitely needs doing with the wood, but the rest of it is looking great now. Are you able to edit the details on the gun, or just surfaces as a whole?

If so, the details would look great if they were dark silver or black, almost like highlights. 

Something definitely needs doing with the wood, but the rest of it is looking great now. Are you able to edit the details on the gun, or just surfaces as a whole?

If so, the details would look great if they were dark silver or black, almost like highlights. 

I can edit some details but it depends upon what exactly you want changed. For the wood I have no idea if it can be changed as the style of the finish was a patina and the wood was automatically left alone. I will try to see if I can mess with that.

I can edit some details but it depends upon what exactly you want changed. For the wood I have no idea if it can be changed as the style of the finish was a patina and the wood was automatically left alone. I will try to see if I can mess with that.

I'm talking about those little nuts and bolts that protrude from the gun itself, there are 8 of them on the main section of the gun, very visable.

You can definitely edit the wood, not sure how though.

I'm talking about those little nuts and bolts that protrude from the gun itself, there are 8 of them on the main section of the gun, very visable.

You can definitely edit the wood, not sure how though.

Yeah, those should be easy to adjust, but finding the little bastards may prove a bit of a challenge.

its looks like m4 howl from hunstman case with different colors

Not really a surprise as most focals have looked like that. Ump 45 | Kobra and P90 | Dragon are a couple of skins that do basically the same thing.

Edit: Upon some research, it appears that the patina finish renders editing of the wood impossible. (this is evidenced by the fact that every single ak skin in patina has the wood showing no matter the design.)

Now I could attempt to try and adjust the style, but it may increase the time until it's completed by quite a bit. More importantly the color blending from the wear will also be lost if I go to a custom paint job (so it won't look exactly like the ocean and the metallic finish will be lost), but the wooden parts will be allowed to be edited.

Edited by DMatakami

Metallic part looks amazing at the moment. I'd say just play around with coloring of the wood. Just by paper definition i'd think a darker more black look would go good but can't say for certain as I can't picture it.

Metallic part looks amazing at the moment. I'd say just play around with coloring of the wood. Just by paper definition i'd think a darker more black look would go good but can't say for certain as I can't picture it.

I cannot adjust the wood at all on it. Unfortunately that's what happens when I do a patina finish. I was actually considering darkening the color so that it would work better with the wood.

*****IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THE METALLIC SHEEN*****

I just realized this this evening when I adjusted my settings, if your shaders are not set to high or very high then the metallic sheen WILL NOT SHOW. The design will still be there but the sheen will not register. This is mostly for PCs that cannot maintain the high shaders needed for csgo.

Edited by DMatakami

Yep, shaders make a huge difference. For example, look at the brass bizon on low shaders, it looks like a brown smear. Whe you turn it on high then it actaully looks like brass.

Yep, shaders make a huge difference. For example, look at the brass bizon on low shaders, it looks like a brown smear. Whe you turn it on high then it actaully looks like brass.

Well at least I feel better about the fact there are some guns that look bad without proper shaders. That gives me a lot of hope here.