Sign in to follow this  
Rootbeer

Strife Closed Beta - New MOBA by S2

Anyone else in on this already?

www.strife.com if you havent. Get a closed beta key at http://www.curse.com/betas/strife-beta-key-giveaway

I thought it was pretty weird of S2 to create a new MOBA when they'd already have created Heroes of Newerth. After a long ass tutorial though, I found the game to be pretty fun. It's more customizable than league: pets replace summoner spells and masteries and they introduce a pretty cool crafting feature that lets you change the stats of items. The champion skill sets that I've tried so far have been pretty wonky, I thought a guy was an ADC when he's actually labeled as a support, as well as an ADC with League's Kassadin ult for her ultimate -- lots of "Wtf?" moments.

Crafting was pretty complex to a friend of mine. It's a fun and important part of the end game, since items gain additional minor bonuses when you craft them such as +dmg, lesser cooldown on activatable ones. In league sense, imagine if you could replace a Zeal on a Phantom Dancer recipe and replace it with a BF sword. The result would be BF sword + Dagger + Cloak + Recipe = Phantom dancer that has bonus damage but less aspd/movementspeed/crit.

In Dota sense, think being able to change Dagon's recipe from Null + Wiz Staff + recipe to anything you want, from Mystic staff + recipe, 3x Mystic staff + recipe, or something different altogether like energy booster + wiz staff + recipe. It'll change the stats completely. The fun think about dagon in this game as well is that it stats with the equivilent of Int, so a 3x mystic staff recipe would give you a dagon packed with huge power (but at the same time cost thousands).

A good example is the Zhonya's/Eul's Staff of Divinity equivilent. In Strife, it has health/mana/mana regen stats. I've always thought an ADC having the activatable of Zhonya's/Euls to be pretty OP, so I changed the recipe of it's base components (Health stone/Mana stone/Mana crystal) to (Damage/Damage/Damage). Now I have a Zhonya's/Eul's that is completely offensive with the activateable effect. Planning to do the same with mages.