Sign in to follow this  
Serif The Sheriff

What does Holy Shield actually do?

Ok, so I have been told that Holy Shield blocks only +abilities, I have been told it blocks everything but +abilites (minus Dreadknight Acute Senses), and I have been told it blocks everything. I have tried testing it out and I know it doens't block thorns, it seems to block bash sometimes but not all of the time, and I have been able to walk through wards and take no damage with it a couple of times. I'm not sure if it's just a really glitchy item, but could someone please explain what exactly it's supposed to do?

Me and bugs tested it out against bash, thorns, and poison damage with !set_health 99999999 and a negev with 200000 primary ammo. Holy shield prevents bash for sure. You'll hear the poison tick, but will take no damage. It does not, however, block thorns damage, which we tested by then setting health to 1. Dreadknight's passive isn't supposed to be blockable by anything as it's supposed to be a last resort to being griefed by a knifer who knows what he's doing. I have no idea how it works with +abilities that target/wards.

according to thorgot and my tests thus far (not a lot, by any means), Holy Shield doesn't block +ability - in fact, nothing does, afaik.

I think Holy Shield is -supposed- to block only +Ability (as per original wcs functionality), but as it is on here, i believe it affects only passives - examples being bash, poison damage, and certain other effects. usually those effects are triggered on the player using holy shield, but with holy shield they block it. for example, it will block a poison effect from infected/ranger, but it cannot block the +dmg of any enemy, as that effect is a buff on the enemy rather than a detrimental one on the player wearing holy shield

i hope that explains it well. thats as much as i know, anyway. it's very possible these rules also apply to +Ability, but i havent seen it happen. worth testing out imo

Edited by Vexium