Sign in to follow this  
Smooth-eh

CS:GO New Map Pack

Thoughts on the map pack?

I played on back alley yesterday, probably my least favorite competitive map of all time wanted to falcon punch my screen.

Motel was actually pretty fun I'd say despite some people in the game's comments. Found that regardless of if t's were camping in rooms or running around I still found it fun. Cache needs to not be considered map pack, it has been around for ever

The only one I like is Cache, but I think because valve didn't make the map they're going to keep it as part of the map packs. The other ones are fun to dick around on though.

The issue I've been having is that too many of the new maps just aren't working for competitive due to onesidedness or w/e. The main issue is that creativity is going downhill, think about the best maps in cs you can't really summarize them in one word. Dust for example, sure its sandy but its not just built around one building concept such as bank/motel/lakehouse etc. Those maps you can afford to completely rework their design to balance. The problem with the maps we're getting is that they look really cool because it's something you'd see in real life, but it usually comes at the cost of map balance and playability for competitive.

It seems like they just plop a [insert building/setting here] then add cars/random objects to try and help sightlines.

Edit: Agree on the cache, people (comp circuits) have been playing that map since 1.6 it's obvious people want it, would not be surprised if valve milks

Edited by Smooth-eh

/>I like Cache, thunder is kind of fun, and agency isn't that bad.

I can't stand ali though.

I've never even played Ali, only reason I got the operation was for cache, agency, and the cases Edited by Ichalvl