Sign in to follow this  
Rootbeer

February update introduces gamechanging(?) mechanic, binds OP

Reddit thread on e-z mouse1 bind

So this new update introduced a mechanic decreased accuracy while moving but increased accuracy while walking. We can now therefore use a bind to toggle walk on when you click mouse1 and off when you release, effectively making you walk only when shooting. Of course it's easy to achieve this accuracy without using the bind, but I and other experienced players can clearly see improved gameplay with the bind. It is amazingly easy to score deagle headshots while "running".

What're our thoughts on the mechanic/bind and, unless I'm wrong, since we don't really care about scripts (the only one that's ever mentioned is a bhop script) what are our thoughts on using it in our servers since it's not really hacking?

IMO, there's really nothing to do against it. If we start kicking people for walking while they try to shoot there's a 50/50 chance that they are either using this bind or actually walking when they are trying to shoot someone. I know you could tell by watching people when they shoot, but it would cause a lot of people to get upset with admins on the server and there is always a chance that people stop playing because of it. It's on valve's end, they patched the game and people playing are going to have to deal with it.

However, if you recall the ridiculous deagle buff that they did (60+ damage no matter where you hit someone with the deagle), that was patched out of the game after a week or two of people complaining that it was better than using an AWP. It's likely that this will be looked at by someone who works on the game, and they will (hopefully) fix this issue.

so that why people using aug alot lately

Aug is epicly OP now, thats why.

As far as binds go, it's a part of the game, you can't stop people from using them...  Valve should just make it accuracy over time, instead of instant, when going from running to walking...

well it kinda sucks when you try throwing a grenade

you can toggle with mouse3....but yeah this bind makes the AUG more ridiculously OP than it was before.

You expect valve to test these updates before they release them, but I guess not.