Sign in to follow this  
MisterTurkes

Witch doctor

This race would be fun if the person you turn into a chicken didn't have 50% damage reduction. Please if someone would look into fixing this race because why would you ever make your target smaller and tougher when you have a mac 10 that already does no damage

The Chickenator duration could probably be turned up. Otherwise I mean it's okay, you can't do anything while in Chicken form and it's pretty easy to proc.

why would you ever make your target smaller and tougher

Probs cause it's disorienting AF on the receiving end of it. Also I have no problem dying as a chicken, it only takes like 3 more bullets than usual.

Probs cause it's disorienting AF on the receiving end of it. Also I have no problem dying as a chicken, it only takes like 3 more bullets than usual.

you do understand that nothing happens to their FOV. they don't know they're a chicken other than a small blue overlay akin to battlefield 3.  I does slow but j mafia was flying with kirin tor so yeah it does nothing to disorient them. and no you can stand over someone you hexed and shoot them in the back and do 48 in 8.

Edit: It seems people are caught up in the duration of the Hex and its challenge to proc when it isnt the issue at all. The issue is that you have a mac 10 and they have 50% damage reduction

Edited by MisterTurkes

dude It's supression... And I usually use it to get out of sticky situations no need to supress ppl when ur mac 10 does 50+ dmg.. :P

Reducing the damage reduction is silly, you would be basically giving Witch Doctor free kills every time it turns someone into a chicken... which is like at least 1 encounter every round. The point of the damage reduction is to make it fair on the other end, sure they can't shoot but at least they have a chance to live through the ordeal, meanwhile you get some free damage in on them.

Reducing the damage reduction is silly, you would be basically giving Witch Doctor free kills every time it turns someone into a chicken... which is like at least 1 encounter every round. The point of the damage reduction is to make it fair on the other end, sure they can't shoot but at least they have a chance to live through the ordeal, meanwhile you get some free damage in on them.

I'm laughing because I think the solution to this problem is fairly easy. Yes, damage reduction should stay, etc but here is a novel idea, every time someone uses their ultimate to turn someone to a chicken, reset the mac 10's current magazine size to 45 (or 60 if you don't give three fucks about O-PENIS)

The problem right now isn't the damage reduction or anything, but almost every single encounter as witch doctor involves me spraying the chicken only to run out of ammo because the chicken hitbox is so small and the mac-10 is a fast ROF 30 bullet weapon, then the enemy returns to human form and here I am stuck reloading my mac 10 while he is spraying at me.

I seriously think this tiny addition would make everyone happy.

Edited by HornyCat

yes i understand that the damage reduction is necessary but holy shit it does a base of 13 damage to the chest and arms with body armor on. with 50% damage reduction it takes 15 direct hits to the chest of the other person in order to do 100 damage and we have races with plenty upwards of that. Please coolness tell me that you understand its need to be reduced

Edited by MisterTurkes

This is the same thing that was said about Flimflammer and it just didn't happen. The chicken model is very tiny, it doesn't give the Witch Doctor a free kill, it gives him a chance to potentially get a kill if he can aim well enough and nobody else around is shooting at him.

if he can aim well enough

I think this is the main problem right here. I've died within 4-6 hits when chickened at full health so I'm going to assume chickens have headshot hitboxes. Also it really isn't that hard to kill a chicken. Simple solution: Don't use your ult on every person you see.

I think this is the main problem right here. I've died within 4-6 hits when chickened at full health so I'm going to assume chickens have headshot hitboxes. Also it really isn't that hard to kill a chicken. Simple solution: Don't use your ult on every person you see.

thats hardly possible when i think it has a 30 second cooldown at max

wat

Going through every post in this thread, those in support of some sort of buff:

Turkes

SpaceBugs

Me

Vex

Those against:

Rootbeer

xmen