Sign in to follow this  
Contract Killer

Zombie Mod Lag

Hey guys, well I will be on ZM and I will lag like hell, it will be unplayable, just lag really fast, and keep going, I can't play, It's not my system, I have 8500GT, Quad Core, 3g ram, Idk what it is, but it needs to be fixed.

Will look into it. Monitoring the server now. Any specific maps/events that correlate with the problem?

The server is in Chicago and you are in Illinois, how large of a ping and lag spike are we talking about?

How close are you to Chicago? What is your internet connection. I just saw you in ZM with pings from 75-150 and possibly some I missed. That is unusual for that proximity.

Three hours by car = 3 ms by the speed of light. Hmmmmm What kind of ISP are we talking about? Does it happen on any server other than ZM? Does it happen on other ZMs?

Sorry about the questions, just not sure what's going on, need to ask and ask.

The other servers (WCS and Surf) are on different boxes and some even in different locations. Try running a trace route to each server and see if you can find a common bottleneck point in your hops.

command prompt

type

tracert 196.666.000.2.1 (whatever the ip is)

It will show the hops (routing points) for you to that server and the ping to each point. If you get routed to california or something for a server in Chicago when you are close....then its an ISP problem and the routing is all F'ed. Some points may be congested and have a high ping, being the source of all your woes.

Guest Phoenix2

Try these rates: (enter them in your console)

rate 30000

cl_updaterate 100

cl_cmdrate 100

Also, would you mind running a SpeedTest bandwidth test and posting your results? Remember to choose a Chicago server.

Guest Phoenix2

Hmm, Road Runner is a good ISP and all, but that 149ms ping to Austin doesn't look right. Would you mind running another test and this time choose a server in Chicago?