Sign in to follow this  
JWB10

Admin Accepting LRs

Isn't the whole purpose of an admin "accepting" an LR only supposed to be for things that require admin commands to complete?

I've seen basic admin or admin+ accepting LRs, but then getting "overruled" by Officers. The purpose of having an Admin accept is to have commands done, not to "approve" the LR, correct?

You're correct, to an extent. The warden says what he accepts and doesn't accept. If an LR requires admin commands, admin acceptance is to make sure that the last T will actually get his LR at the start of next round or w/e.

However, it's also used as a system of checks and balances for admins to deny certain LRs of extremity. They shouldn't be denying everything just because they feel like it, but some things have a good reason for being denied.

It's ultimately the warden's say. Admins accept for commands solely, but Officers have the right to overturn extremities/plain stupid LRs through judgement.

Edited by TurtleFrenzy

I accept any LR I judge "fun" or entertaining for atleast one person, as long as it is not ruining the fun for others. Sometimes I deny overused LRs and say "pick something creative", but other than that SOs shouldn't be denying LRs.

Some Paidmins are just lazy tho.

Turtle resumed it pretty nicely

Edited by Huklz

"You can't overrule an LR, that's just a fake rule SOs made up to stroke their e-peen" -Will 2013

I wouldn't even be surprised if that was true. haha

The only reason an overrule should take place is if it's something detrimental to the server.

Something that would lag or crash the server (micspam day) or decrease the population (freekilling allowed).

But I'm not in charge of JB anymore so.

Mang, both Daniel and I had already covered this,

• When accepting Last requests, admins may not over-ride other admins
    • Exception being Server Officers may over-rule both Paid admins and rank admins. Staff have final say.
  • When Accepting last requests, use the Courtesy rule-- If someone accepts before you and can do the commands, don't try to forcibly deny it. SO/Staff may Deny at their discretion.

Yes, SO's may deny, however at their discretion is meant to be in case of detrimental last requests/specific commands.

The idea is to be courteous to others, if the last request is not something inane or ridiculous(in the bad way) and someone willing and capable of doing commands accepts, let them do commands.

Edit: To those curious, that is from  the admin How-To guide specifically for Jail break, listed in the motd

Edited by Spell

This is what I've been saying to ppl though it happens all the time... What would an admin be without his massive e-peen? :)

I mostly deny over played LR's which have already been done within the last 3 LR's. Anymore the only one's that are being requested are Ninja, Wind, or Low Grav. I want people to be creative and imaginative to help bring more fun to the server. Just because I deny it doesn't make me a dick, I am looking for the best interest of the server.

Also ninja's get freekilled almost all the time and causes so much bitching.

I mostly deny over played LR's which have already been done within the last 3 LR's. Anymore the only one's that are being requested are Ninja, Wind, or Low Grav. I want people to be creative and imaginative to help bring more fun to the server. Just because I deny it doesn't make me a dick, I am looking for the best interest of the server.

Also ninja's get freekilled almost all the time and causes so much bitching.

= what's left then are the freedays and knife fights :P

Edit: not saying you should keep accepting nfd over and over again but IMO it's as much of a warden's choice

Edited by xmen