Sign in to follow this  
lamapit

"So"

Guest Fohacidal
I definately understand what you're talking about. While I'm a pretty staunch republican, and have alot of respect for bush, I will agree that this war could've been run alot smoother. But you have to consider that it is a war, and when was a war smooth? I know that indian and pakistan were on our good side before 9/11 and the war, I'm pretty sure thats why we never invaded them. I know its hypocritical for a country to say this because every country thinks they are right, but we as a whole exercise alot of compassion towards other countries, our stance therefore give us their and duty to protect the world from those who would bring harm to it. Even though we screw up sometimes, its apparent that america is more or less concerned with the wellbeing of the world. Any country who shows even the slightest respect for the world and humanity gets an "OK" by us, but the counties we went after had blatant disrespect for both human life and any other way of life other than their own. This war was not about oil...the world wanted it, thus it was about removing an intolerable regime from the face of the earth. Coincidently or not, the bastards reside in one of the most oil rich places in the world, I don't doubt that getting money out of the war was a bonus but it was far from the reason the war began. I recall reading something about who the oil industry in iraq would be handed over to following the war, but it wasn't the US.

Concerning the outcome of the war, I've just recently started to notice something. When I know I'm in some deep shit and when I feel like the world is going to end, it doesnt. There is always something bigger going on than what we see on the surface. I'm going to pray that my intuition doesn't fail me on this one

I swear dude, I want to make a post but you wont let me!!!

how is bush any different from saddam?

Bush wanted saddam out of power(btw America set up Saddam and Castro as leaders) because he disagreed with american policy.

Saddam wanted people to follow his policy.

America killed many people who were for saddam, just as Saddam's supporters killed many American supporters. Every country is the same, they want their version of the world. who cares if the opposition dies or is imprisoned? as long as democracy and capitalism is spread, america and the world wins, right?

There is a difference, Saddam killed his own people who didnt support him, armed or not. We killed insurgents. Dont try and compare the two and turn this around, your just turning this argument into how you feel, and not how it really is. Your just like one of my teachers, who is one of the most liberal people around, she only voted for Hillary because she is a woman, her feelings are getting in the way of her judgement, she isnt actually analysing any policies or whatnot...

Rather than hijack this thread any more, I invite anyone interested (that can keep a level head), esp. madmartigan, to come to the thread on japanese internment camps.

Be there soon enough...I just got done working. I need to shower and whatnot, me and the lady are going bowling tonight. $.25 games and pitchers tonight after a $10 cover...lol I love pitchers and bowling. But yeah, as soon as I have a second I'll be in there

This is old news, and whats the point? I'm so sick of discussing the war and corrupt politicians because nothing will change. No matter how much we acknowledge and discuss, and protest, nothing will change because if it were to happen it would of already. Now all we can do is hope for a good sniper.

Agreed. I'm getting sick of political discussions altogether.