Sign in to follow this  
lamapit

"So"

What we did to the native americans was messed up, but there were many tribes who attacked before the colonizers ever attacked...The original wars between native americans and the british colonizers has no one true instigator. The atrocity was in the westward expansion...that was greed, I won't defend those who stole their lands.

Interment camps of the 40's...are you kidding me?? In time of war, especially world war, you are foolish to think anyone that we are waring with would be welcome. The problem is that PC of today dictates that we bow to anyone...protecting our borders was important, read sun tzu's the art of war and you'll discover that one of the first and most vital steps to a stable nation is securing your borders. In case you forgot, it was the japanese who bombed us

The irish, and nearly every immigrant will tell you the situations faced in america were nothing compared to what they faced in their own countries. They came to america to escape death...they were willing to work wherever they could, its sad that their eagerness to work was often exploited...but what else do you give millions of newcomers to do?? Obviously those who had worked their whole lives were irate when millions entered into the workforce and took over the average americans job.

As a jew, you of all people should be aware of the anti-semitism that has gripped the world from thousands of years ago...Again, nobody said it was right, but to call out america, when nobody in their own damn continent would help them out is again, ridiculous. And by the way, the KKK and nazi sympathizers in america had a huge part in the denial of jewish refugees...at least america didn't let another 20 million jews die...

Native Americans tried to have peace treaties with us, we made treaties, but we have broken EVERY SINGLE ONE!

The camps held Japanese Americans who had no ties to Japan. the threat of spies from Japanese Americans was pure ignorance and racism. Many of the Japanese who were held, wanted to fight for America but we didn't let them.

The Irish weren't exploited for their eagerness to work, they weren't allowed to work. there were signs everywhere that said "Irish need not apply."

Albania accepted Jews by the thousands, they were Communist at that time, but they still gave the greatest help to the Jews, and other refugees. and the Govt. had members of the KKK. Nazi sympathizers had a lot of control, like any other gang, over their land.

Sorry to double post, but this didn't fit with my info on other post.

Circumstances had nothing to do with these acts.

most of these acts were done out of greed, and the others out of fear.

Communist imprisonment, McCarthy wanted to make a name for him self, so he said Communist were the biggest threat to America, and used Americans ignorant fears as a base of operations.

the 100 years after slavery of racial discrimination, was out of ignorance and fear.

the capture, rape, and murder of Indians was all out of greed, and the ENTIRE COUNTRY believed in manifest destiny, that God allowed them to move west. and wipe out anything in the way.

The Irish situation was out of greed and ignorance.

None of these had an underlying circumstance, it was all manipulation and greed and fear.

.So it is alright to put American citizens under those conditions? I'm not talking about borders I'm talking about Citizens with Japanese ancestory that were already here, that kind of treatment is unconstitutional and it's foolish to think that was not a major fuck up on our part.

Ya, because they were like concentration camps. {sarcasm}

So? They can go back to their country afterwards if they don't like how we do things here.

THIS IS THEIR COUNTRY!!!!!!

they were born and raised here. they had no ties to Japan at all.

Ya, because they were like concentration camps. {sarcasm}

It dosen't matter what they were like, however the conditions were pretty damn bad. It's like someone telling me to pack my shit and move out of MY home in MY country to a "relocation" camp because my grandparents are Slovak, even if I have lived here my entire life and have had no contact with the country my ancestors were from (Most of the Americans detained had never been to Japan).

Guest Fohacidal

First of, Martigan I still love you man, you beat me to the punch on weed's post, and I actually agree with everything you said...

Native Americans tried to have peace treaties with us, we made treaties, but we have broken EVERY SINGLE ONE!

Unless you can cite that, your wrong, not to mention several of the indian tribes who rejected treaties regardless of the conditions, just to fight the american soldiers...

Sorry to double post, but this didn't fit with my info on other post.

Circumstances had nothing to do with these acts.

most of these acts were done out of greed, and the others out of fear.

Communist imprisonment, McCarthy wanted to make a name for him self, so he said Communist were the biggest threat to America, and used Americans ignorant fears as a base of operations.

the 100 years after slavery of racial discrimination, was out of ignorance and fear.

the capture, rape, and murder of Indians was all out of greed, and the ENTIRE COUNTRY believed in manifest destiny, that God allowed them to move west. and wipe out anything in the way.

The Irish situation was out of greed and ignorance.

None of these had an underlying circumstance, it was all manipulation and greed and fear.

Communism was a threat, a nuclear and political threat to the United States. Its called the domino effect, slowly communist influence spread into China and Vietnam and took a strong, even permanent presence. Democracy and capitalism was all about freedom, and to have something like that in the US unchecked could soon turn into a virus, killing us from the inside. I disagree with communism, and allowing it to flourish is not just freedom of speech, its stupid. Granted not all of communism is bad, but its a flawed idealogy.

Manifest destiny wasnt about wiping out everything in the way, stop blowing things out of proportion. And nice job failing to mention everything good the US actually tried to do for several indian tribes. I swear your just like the press ross, when a baby drowns in a pool, its just local, but when a baby is shot, its national...

The irish wasnt out of greed, the US was growing both in population and industry, jobs were low and so was pay, not to mention almost every american was protestant. With the coming of german and irish immigrants came not only the chance for people to take the same jobs at lower wages, but the spread of catholicism...

Its just your own manipulation...

Oh and btw, that 100 years of slavery is a half truth, who the hell do you think enslaved and then sold the africans to the american to begin with anyway? Others AFRICANS, fucking DUH!

i am not saying that america is the only one that had slavery, im just saying that we practiced it.

and why would i say the good things about america if im trying to say the bad things? hmm?

I'm not saying this to be rude, but if you really have such a problem with the country you're living in, why not leave? There are plenty of countries where the economy is at least slightly better. The people who love this country will be that much happier that one who hates it is gone...And you, who despises the place where you live, should be happier not having to "deal" with it anymore

I'm not saying this to be rude, but if you really have such a problem with the country you're living in, why not leave? There are plenty of countries where the economy is at least slightly better. The people who love this country will be that much happier that one who hates it is gone...And you, who despises the place where you live, should be happier not having to "deal" with it anymore

once i save enough money, which is increasingly hard to do nowadays in this country, im going to move to New Zealand. i have the place picked put and ready to move in with some friends that are down there.so dont worry, in about two-three years ill be outta this fucking country.

Guest Fohacidal
once i save enough money, which is increasingly hard to do nowadays in this country, im going to move to New Zealand. i have the place picked put and ready to move in with some friends that are down there.so dont worry, in about two-three years ill be outta this fucking country.

Good riddance I say!

*not a flame*

Seriously, go complain somewhere else, complaining about the US is a fad about as old as insulting Bush, using the Moto v3 Razr or wearing abercrombie and fitch...

Even though his view are flawed by us contract, and even though he degrades much of what we stand for...there's no reason to get overly aggressive toward him. He is a member of a clan you obviously enjoy, and you sort of took an oath to prevent trash talking on the forums. I don't want to see you get riled up over a minorities opinion. Don't mistake what I'm saying to mean I approve or even respect a tenth of what weedross has to say...And I am far from one who thinks freedom of speech is something that should garner unconditional tolerance...but since he's leaving, he is at least doing something about his stance. Better he hate the country and leave, than be indifferent about it...

If he continues to piss you off, take some time to cool down and then come back. Its hard to stay calm if you feel like someone is being stubborn...and no offense weed, but we all know you're stubborn in that you only want to look at things from one angle

I guess we all are stubborn in our own beliefs when it comes down to it

Guest Fohacidal
Even though his view are flawed by us contract, and even though he degrades much of what we stand for...there's no reason to get overly aggressive toward him. He is a member of a clan you obviously enjoy, and you sort of took an oath to prevent trash talking on the forums. I don't want to see you get riled up over a minorities opinion. Don't mistake what I'm saying to mean I approve or even respect a tenth of what weedross has to say...And I am far from one who thinks freedom of speech is something that should garner unconditional tolerance...but since he's leaving, he is at least doing something about his stance. Better he hate the country and leave, than be indifferent about it...

If he continues to piss you off, take some time to cool down and then come back. Its hard to stay calm if you feel like someone is being stubborn...and no offense weed, but we all know you're stubborn in that you only want to look at things from one angle

I guess we all are stubborn in our own beliefs when it comes down to it

Thats true, I should take it easy to, my record isnt exactly spotless or Id be in the clan right now. I highlighted the keywords in your statement though, because I think its true really.

Guest Fohacidal
:) thats what I'm hear for, to spread the love...usually just to women, but I'll spare a little for CSS. Thanks again Foh for backing me up

You coming on to me?! :o

Lol im kidding, but its quite relieving to know someone on the internet who agrees with me completely, or at least almost completely. Although some people on here come close, I could name a few but Im lazy, your freaking spot on...

no they didn't end the war, are you shitting me? It was a 20 year war, and really wasn't a war towards the end, just chaos. Hippies did nothing but make asses out of themselves. Fuck hippies.

As for putting our leaders to death? I say torture them first. Fuck Bush, and fuck Cheney. Many of you will never know the true facts as some of us do.

Don't blame America. Blame the leaders.

See that's what gets me about this war. My friends, your friends, the people who cut their teeth in this current war, we are all going to see this thing come to a conclusion. I have a really good(or bad) feeling that the outcome is not going to be pretty. That being said, all the people who have fought and died and those who continue to cut their teeth will be disgraced because of the policies of our leaders. We could've had Iraq under control a long time ago. If we would've just waited for the UN to help us out, everything would've been taken care of lickity split. But the fuckin bullshit Bush administration exercised their greed in wanting to be the only country that had first bid at all the contracts(oil, construction,defense,etc.). That's what this shit is all about. Since when did we give a fuck if someone possibly has a nuke. We have 10,000 of them, what the fuck do we care. India and Pakistan got nukes, we didn't invade them.

See that's what gets me about this war. My friends, your friends, the people who cut their teeth in this current war, we are all going to see this thing come to a conclusion. I have a really good(or bad) feeling that the outcome is not going to be pretty. That being said, all the people who have fought and died and those who continue to cut their teeth will be disgraced because of the policies of our leaders. We could've had Iraq under control a long time ago. If we would've just waited for the UN to help us out, everything would've been taken care of lickity split. But the fuckin bullshit Bush administration exercised their greed in wanting to be the only country that had first bid at all the contracts(oil, construction,defense,etc.). That's what this shit is all about. Since when did we give a fuck if someone possibly has a nuke. We have 10,000 of them, what the fuck do we care. India and Pakistan got nukes, we didn't invade them.

I definately understand what you're talking about. While I'm a pretty staunch republican, and have alot of respect for bush, I will agree that this war could've been run alot smoother. But you have to consider that it is a war, and when was a war smooth? I know that indian and pakistan were on our good side before 9/11 and the war, I'm pretty sure thats why we never invaded them. I know its hypocritical for a country to say this because every country thinks they are right, but we as a whole exercise alot of compassion towards other countries, our stance therefore give us their and duty to protect the world from those who would bring harm to it. Even though we screw up sometimes, its apparent that america is more or less concerned with the wellbeing of the world. Any country who shows even the slightest respect for the world and humanity gets an "OK" by us, but the counties we went after had blatant disrespect for both human life and any other way of life other than their own. This war was not about oil...the world wanted it, thus it was about removing an intolerable regime from the face of the earth. Coincidently or not, the bastards reside in one of the most oil rich places in the world, I don't doubt that getting money out of the war was a bonus but it was far from the reason the war began. I recall reading something about who the oil industry in iraq would be handed over to following the war, but it wasn't the US.

Concerning the outcome of the war, I've just recently started to notice something. When I know I'm in some deep shit and when I feel like the world is going to end, it doesnt. There is always something bigger going on than what we see on the surface. I'm going to pray that my intuition doesn't fail me on this one

I definately understand what you're talking about. While I'm a pretty staunch republican, and have alot of respect for bush, I will agree that this war could've been run alot smoother. But you have to consider that it is a war, and when was a war smooth? I know that indian and pakistan were on our good side before 9/11 and the war, I'm pretty sure thats why we never invaded them. I know its hypocritical for a country to say this because every country thinks they are right, but we as a whole exercise alot of compassion towards other countries, our stance therefore give us their and duty to protect the world from those who would bring harm to it. Even though we screw up sometimes, its apparent that america is more or less concerned with the wellbeing of the world. Any country who shows even the slightest respect for the world and humanity gets an "OK" by us, but the counties we went after had blatant disrespect for both human life and any other way of life other than their own. This war was not about oil...the world wanted it, thus it was about removing an intolerable regime from the face of the earth. Coincidently or not, the bastards reside in one of the most oil rich places in the world, I don't doubt that getting money out of the war was a bonus but it was far from the reason the war began. I recall reading something about who the oil industry in iraq would be handed over to following the war, but it wasn't the US.

Concerning the outcome of the war, I've just recently started to notice something. When I know I'm in some deep shit and when I feel like the world is going to end, it doesnt. There is always something bigger going on than what we see on the surface. I'm going to pray that my intuition doesn't fail me on this one

how is bush any different from saddam?

Bush wanted saddam out of power(btw America set up Saddam and Castro as leaders) because he disagreed with american policy.

Saddam wanted people to follow his policy.

America killed many people who were for saddam, just as Saddam's supporters killed many American supporters. Every country is the same, they want their version of the world. who cares if the opposition dies or is imprisoned? as long as democracy and capitalism is spread, america and the world wins, right?