Sign in to follow this  
Count

sG advert idea

Instead of having the motd as the message of the day, we could have a promotion for the clan with all the perks it can bring, ranks and stuff.

I know having the motd up somewhere people can see it is important, so with that page there would be something like "please read the rules before joining" and a clear link to the motd page

there would be something like "please read the rules before joining" and a clear link to the motd page

It better be a massive rainbow button with arrows pointing to it.

This was brought up to me, and I think I like Acebats's idea. A bunch of rules immediately in front of you is going to be ignored. Maybe if we made a stylized HTML Welcome Page that had in nice, big, bold letters, "Please read the rules before playing," and there would be a link to the rule below it or something. sG Logo on it, and maybe some contact resources? /motd works in-game, so it could be used as a good reference to all the resources for contacting, reading, and understanding sG.

Thoughts?

This was brought up to me, and I think I like Acebats's idea. A bunch of rules immediately in front of you is going to be ignored. Maybe if we made a stylized HTML Welcome Page that had in nice, big, bold letters, "Please read the rules before playing," and there would be a link to the rule below it or something. sG Logo on it, and maybe some contact resources? /motd works in-game, so it could be used as a good reference to all the resources for contacting, reading, and understanding sG.

Thoughts?

Exactly what I was thinking

Edited by Count

I think first time joiners to our server should be restricted to T for 20 rounds then when they try to join CT or every round there will be a message telling them to read the rules

I think first time joiners to our server should be restricted to T for 20 rounds then when they try to join CT or every round there will be a message telling them to read the rules

This isn't just for JB you duku...

Back in CS:S there was a way to spray a decal in any map that would permanently be there, we used to have a UV banner on quite a few of the maps. Is there no way of doing this now, we can have an MOTD sized advert in player spawns etc too?