Sign in to follow this  
Tristan.

Team Listings

What if the 5'th teammember is a shitter picked by mistake? like you would rather have a bot and stuff bad

but we cant have that cause people would bitch- people needed the random.org screenshot ffs tristan isnt even playing

snip

snip

Once again, I know this is a super casual non serious tournament, but having your best players in a competition so you have a better chance to move on to the next round is common sense. It's exactly what anyone would do in the situation. You both are missing the point that most people who were captain could care less if the person who is the worst on their team plays or not. 

Tristan(and others) set up the tournament exactly how any other tournament should be set up. Take it up with them if you want. I'm not stopping anyone from having their whole team play. If people really thought it was unfair,though, it would have been done another way. If you're unhappy with your team you can ask them to sub out your own players so no one has to be the fat kid. It's just how things are done, some people won't play this time, but that's just how life is.

also yoloswag420 blaze it faggots

I don't understand the problem here. I thought it was known since the beginning that there was always going to be subs? At least, I thought that way...

The only way to remedy BC's problem would have been to have a dedicated sub pool. Basically, players who sign up for the tournament for the sole purpose of subbing in. Wanna know who gets unhappy in that scenario though? The teams, because they get stuck with a most likely shitty person that they didn't pick and never would have picked.

I don't understand the problem here. I thought it was known since the beginning that there was always going to be subs? At least, I thought that way...

The only way to remedy BC's problem would have been to have a dedicated sub pool. Basically, players who sign up for the tournament for the sole purpose of subbing in. Wanna know who gets unhappy in that scenario though? The teams, because they get stuck with a most likely shitty person that they didn't pick and never would have picked.

that's how it was last tournie, that caused a shitload of mad (mostly because of me and everyone i grabbed for the tournie for knox's team to win), so that won't be happening again. rightly so. i'm going to bend any rule i can to get a free game, that's that. i don't expect any less from anyone else that is in this to win and not just play because it's a tournie anyone can join for the clan. 

i think the problem bchaos is having is that she wants to play to have fun, but not everyone sees it that way. i think she wants every member to be able to play, but that obviously won't happen in a perfect world. i know i'm probably going to be playing for my team if i choose to play, but i'm also going to be playing to have fun. i don't really care too much about the games this tournie, simply because this trash tier laptop cant even run rust on lowest quality. i don't think my team will win either.

anyways, this post lost half of its meaning after the first paragraph, but yeah. we can't have a perfect tournie where everyone plays because some teams are going to have people that won't show up. that's why there's 6 people. the 5 best people are expected to play, and if you're the "shittiest" player, then you're probably not going to play unless something comes up with your teammates and they can't play. that's how subs work. nothing is going to fix that and tristan can't appeal to every single person, so just hope you get to play. if you don't know if you're going to play, just hype your team up or something. be a cheerleader. or just sit on the sidelines and do nothing and not give a shit about the tournie. again, not everyone can be pleased. 

that's how it was last tournie, that caused a shitload of mad (mostly because of me and everyone i grabbed for the tournie for knox's team to win), so that won't be happening again. rightly so. i'm going to bend any rule i can to get a free game, that's that. i don't expect any less from anyone else that is in this to win and not just play because it's a tournie anyone can join for the clan. <br /><br />i think the problem bchaos is having is that she wants to play to have fun, but not everyone sees it that way. i think she wants every member to be able to play, but that obviously won't happen in a perfect world. i know i'm probably going to be playing for my team if i choose to play, but i'm also going to be playing to have fun. i don't really care too much about the games this tournie, simply because this trash tier laptop cant even run rust on lowest quality. i don't think my team will win either.<br /><br />anyways, this post lost half of its meaning after the first paragraph, but yeah. we can't have a perfect tournie where everyone plays because some teams are going to have people that won't show up. that's why there's 6 people. the 5 best people are expected to play, and if you're the "shittiest" player, then you're probably not going to play unless something comes up with your teammates and they can't play. that's how subs work. nothing is going to fix that and tristan can't appeal to every single person, so just hope you get to play. if you don't know if you're going to play, just hype your team up or something. be a cheerleader. or just sit on the sidelines and do nothing and not give a shit about the tournie. again, not everyone can be pleased.

Makes sense. Thank you for actually replying with a decent response that isn't trash talking my opinions and feelings on the situation.

Edited by BeauutifulChaos

Or you could get rid of the fat kid rule all together by not having captains. Have people make up their own teams of 5 to enter the tournament just like every other tournament out there.

Sure it's going to lead to teams being stacked and unfair but everyone will get to play. And I think that's what everyone wants when they sign up for this tournament. Some people might want to win the prizes but I'd argue that every single person who signed up, signed up because they want to play.

Or you could get rid of the fat kid rule all together by not having captains. Have people make up their own teams of 5 to enter the tournament just like every other tournament out there.

Sure it's going to lead to teams being stacked and unfair but everyone will get to play. And I think that's what everyone wants when they sign up for this tournament. Some people might want to win the prizes but I'd argue that every single person who signed up, signed up because they want to play.

The amount of bitching would be exponential. Trust me I want to do this just as the next person.

So I don't even know if I have a full team.... the guys I with currently can't even seem to find time to play a single practice match and one of them already can't make it on saturday. 

Edited by Illogical

So I don't even know if I have a full team.... the guys I with currently can't even seem to find time to play a single practice match and one of them already can't make it on saturday. 

-.-

I said I wouldn't be available for 1-2 hours on Saturday, I'm not sure when yet so it could not even mess with the tourney schedule...and it sucks that the tourney was scheduled right in the middle of my Frats Rush week so I'm literally available like 2 hours on Mon. and Wed. and for only those 2 hours, but gotta roll with the punches Illogical, practice really won't provide much of a boost at this point besides familiarizing ourselves with the maps. 

-.-

I said I wouldn't be available for 1-2 hours on Saturday, I'm not sure when yet so it could not even mess with the tourney schedule...and it sucks that the tourney was scheduled right in the middle of my Frats Rush week so I'm literally available like 2 hours on Mon. and Wed. and for only those 2 hours, but gotta roll with the punches Illogical, practice really won't provide much of a boost at this point besides familiarizing ourselves with the maps. 

Its not just you. I can't get anyone to practice let alone add me on steam even. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this