Sign in to follow this  
Tristan.

Team Listings

There are 6 players on your team. The team decides who they want to play. You can't sub throughout the game. Whoever you start with, is the team you're playing with on that map

You can sub out people in between maps.

But seriously now the teams have to determine who has to be the sub and not get to play. Couldn't we just have made a team out of the subs? if we took one from each team we could have 2 extra teams with only two subs instead of a sub on each team.

<br /><br />This I understand completely. It is a bit unfair. You enter the tournament because you want to play, but then if the team that picks you decides you are the weakest player, you get kicked to the sidelines. Its kind of crappy to be honest. (No offense to my team, you guys are all really chill, but it does kinda stink.) I feel like what should have happened is that a bunch of people volunteer to be subs. And if a team can't find a sub well, sucks to be them, they're the ones who picked a player who can't commit. Its not fair to "punish" people who actually are committed and want to play just because in prior tournis people picked teammates who bailed.

<br /><br />This I understand completely. It is a bit unfair. You enter the tournament because you want to play, but then if the team that picks you decides you are the weakest player, you get kicked to the sidelines. Its kind of crappy to be honest. (No offense to my team, you guys are all really chill, but it does kinda stink.) I feel like what should have happened is that a bunch of people volunteer to be subs. And if a team can't find a sub well, sucks to be them, they're the ones who picked a player who can't commit. Its not fair to "punish" people who actually are committed and want to play just because in prior tournis people picked teammates who bailed.

I agree, partially. In principal, this point is true. However, from what we saw last time, almost all of the teams had one person (if not more) missing either on time or for the duration of the entire match. This was why the 6man team system was thought of. I wouldn't have an issue with people who registered taking part as a sub if a team needed so, but with the amount of people who registered, the amount of teams that would need subs would be greater than the amount of available subs if we created additional teams for the 6th members of each time.

It's kind of a situation where someone has to get the shaft at the expense of someone else's punctuality because realistically not everyone would be able to be appeased while still having fair 5 on 5 games. Ideally, yes. From what we saw last tournament, no.

If the system develops into a better-made more well-planned process in which individual teams can plan a suitable time for every member, then sure.

if you don't want to warm up seats on the bench, get better<br /><br />(justsaying)

<br /><br />This is unfair. I'm not terrible. Hell, I wouldn't even say I'm bad. Just because some players don't meet their teams rank doesn't mean they are bad. Its just they are simply the lower rank so it would be obvious to not play them. That's what's unfair. And I'm sure all the other people who get subbed will agree. They aren't bad players, just unfortunate.

Vexer

Cookie Eater

Oreo

Reaper

Illogical

Matthew

Hope being listed last didn't mean I was picked last...cause I looked at my teams stats and that would be funny if I was picked as "sub."

Player - World Ranking % - KDR

Vexer     -      91.7%       -     .464

Cookie   -      26.7%       -   1.0486

Reaper  -      49.8%       -     .9003

Oreo      -      56%          -     .6809

Illogical   -      69.7%       -     .7907

Matthew -       23.4%      -    1.235

Might have to kick our captain from the line-up.....

Edited by Matthew

Hope being listed last didn't mean I was picked last...cause I looked at my teams stats and that would be funny if I was picked as "sub."

Player - World Ranking % - KDR

Vexer     -      91.7%       -     .464

Cookie   -      26.7%       -   1.0486

Reaper  -      49.8%       -     .9003

Oreo      -      56%          -     .6809

Illogical   -      69.7%       -     .7907

Matthew -       23.4%      -    1.235

Might have to kick our captain from the line-up.....

Are these from CS:GO's in-game leaderboards?

Yeah.

Well, you shouldn't use this as an indicator of skill then. The CS:GO leaderboards take stats from community comp and comp mm. For example: I occasionally idle on a server that's listed as a competitive server which has led me to magically have 2.7 deaths per round in competitive mode, which isn't even possible. Also, that is not a KDR, it's a kill per round. Not saying you aren't better than the people listed, just saying if they've done the same things I have (such as idle in a comp server, or play a community comp server), there's a good chance those stats are poop.

<br /><br />This is unfair. I'm not terrible. Hell, I wouldn't even say I'm bad. Just because some players don't meet their teams rank doesn't mean they are bad. Its just they are simply the lower rank so it would be obvious to not play them. That's what's unfair. And I'm sure all the other people who get subbed will agree. They aren't bad players, just unfortunate.

You're a beast with the awp.

Well, you shouldn't use this as an indicator of skill then. The CS:GO leaderboards take stats from community comp and comp mm. For example: I occasionally idle on a server that's listed as a competitive server which has led me to magically have 2.7 deaths per round in competitive mode, which isn't even possible. Also, that is not a KDR, it's a kill per round. Not saying you aren't better than the people listed, just saying if they've done the same things I have (such as idle in a comp server, or play a community comp server), there's a good chance those stats are poop.

Ya I see the kills/deaths per rounds, but there is also a KDR leaderboard, but ya I'm praying those stats are mostly crappy representations of the skills level....

It's unfortunate that 90% of the community have never once in their life played above valve matchmaking for csgo. I understand that it's a casual tournament but prizes are being offered, people are going to want to win them. It's not like this is church teeball league where everyone gets their turn to bat. So, I'm standing by my earlier statement. If you want to be one of the players picked for something that people are legitimately going to try and do their best to win in, practice more, get better.

If you think it's so unfair and you can't stand it, don't sign up for the events.

It's unfortunate that 90% of the community have never once in their life played above valve matchmaking for csgo. I understand that it's a casual tournament but prizes are being offered, people are going to want to win them. It's not like this is church teeball league where everyone gets their turn to bat. So, I'm standing by my earlier statement. If you want to be one of the players picked for something that people are legitimately going to try and do their best to win in, practice more, get better.

If you think it's so unfair and you can't stand it, don't sign up for the events.

You are missing the point completely, dude. 

You are missing the point completely, dude. 

^^^ Also many people said that they would play in this tourney without any prizes. Idgaf about the prizes I am just glad to play, but now theres people that signed up for possibly the same reason as me (to play) and might not get subbed in at all. Doesn't matter how good they are most of these events sG has are for everyone and everyone is able to take part in however people signed up to this tourney but it could just be a waste for them... Knox not everyone is as pro as you dawg

^^^ Also many people said that they would play in this tourney without any prizes. Idgaf about the prizes I am just glad to play, but now theres people that signed up for possibly the same reason as me (to play) and might not get subbed in at all. Doesn't matter how good they are most of these events sG has are for everyone and everyone is able to take part in however people signed up to this tourney but it could just be a waste for them... Knox not everyone is as pro as you dawg

QFT. Thank you. Wasn't sure if I wanted to waste my time trying to explain. >.<

Point is: Doesn't matter how good or bad anyone is. A lot of people who signed up to play are going to get benched. Meh.

Edited by BeauutifulChaos

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this