Sign in to follow this  
Marine Putin

HELP!!! I GOT HACKED!!

Let me guess. Someone messaged you on steam saying "my friend wants to trade for your knife, he can't add you for some reason but here is his profile:" and then had a steamcommunity phishing website with the URL slightly misspelled. Thinking it was actually steams website, you logged in with your username and password. They then took that information and robbed your account. Gg.

Let me guess. Someone messaged you on steam saying "my friend wants to trade for your knife, he can't add you for some reason but here is his profile:" and then had a steamcommunity phishing website with the URL slightly misspelled. Thinking it was actually steams website, you logged in with your username and password. They then took that information and robbed your account. Gg.

Well fuck me i dun goofed and i still have all of my items as a pic there saved and im tracing were my items go

fair warning, you have a very small chance of re-obtaining your items. document everything and try anyway, but here's the major disappointment in advance.

please read the post i made earlier and take it to heart. you don't want this to happen again, or have something worse happen - and trust me, this is nothing compared to what hackers can do with your personal information.

trust me when i say this is a lesson that must be learnt, and better it happened over a knife than something like your SSN or credit card info, which can haunt you for years

Edited by Vexium

fair warning, you have a very small chance of re-obtaining your items. document everything and try anyway, but here's the major disappointment in advance.

please read the post i made earlier and take it to heart. you don't want this to happen again, or have something worse happen - and trust me, this is nothing compared to what hackers can do with your personal information.

trust me when i say this is a lesson that must be learnt, and better it happened over a knife than something like your SSN or credit card info, which can haunt you for years

I know they can do alot worse and i would like to thank you for every thing you did and im going to do what u said

Well fuck me i dun goofed and i still have all of my items as a pic there saved and im tracing were my items go

So... it wasn't just a "oh he just traded me and my account got hacked".

Because that just doesn't happen.

You were phished.

gg

1. Turn on steam guard lol

2. use your email conected with steam to change your password lol

2a: If your email is hacked, get your email back by changing it's password with the backup email'

2b: If you don't have a backup email lel. contact yahoo/gmail or whatever

3. change password and get account back

4. contact steam support and ask for items back pls

5. They will be able to see that your account was accessed from other computers, and then roll back your items

6. Give SS the link you got phished from and they will work to take it down eventually

Phishers can only get any info you attempt to log on with. They cannot access your email with your steam login info. The fact that they could log in means you had steam guard turned off, which itself is a top lel. Turn it on, it doesn't hurt lol. It just makes logging on annoying on other computers and browsers

Edited by #StopLeTyranny