Sign in to follow this  
Derden

Coding new races for this server

To administrators/senior programmers,

I'd like to begin by saying I am new to these forums, and fairly new to the sG community all together. If I'm posting in the wrong area or am acting unruly please let me know.

Out of pure curiosity and enjoyment, I'd love to apply my computer science skills to the benefit of sG's Warcraft mod server on CS:GO. I want to take race/server ideas and suggestions from this forum, and implement the best ones into the server. More specifically, I want to "spam" you guys with fully coded races (my ideas), and upon request - the community's race suggestions. The problem is, I don't know what language you guys are working in with CS:GO's warcraft mod.

Is it war3source? LuA (sp.?)? Can you point me in the right direction to helping you guys expand your warcraft community? I need to know the language you use, what programs you recommend for creating races, any skin(or misc) packages you might want to give me for my coding, deadlines (if any), and any other informations I will need. 

I'm not asking you for a job, or any money, just the ability to give someone in charge my fully coded races, and also someone to collaborate with.

Thanks for your consideration,

Derden

To administrators/senior programmers,

I'd like to begin by saying I am new to these forums, and fairly new to the sG community all together. If I'm posting in the wrong area or am acting unruly please let me know.

Out of pure curiosity and enjoyment, I'd love to apply my computer science skills to the benefit of sG's Warcraft mod server on CS:GO. I want to take race/server ideas and suggestions from this forum, and implement the best ones into the server. More specifically, I want to "spam" you guys with fully coded races (my ideas), and upon request - the community's race suggestions. The problem is, I don't know what language you guys are working in with CS:GO's warcraft mod.

Is it war3source? LuA (sp.?)? Can you point me in the right direction to helping you guys expand your warcraft community? I need to know the language you use, what programs you recommend for creating races, any skin(or misc) packages you might want to give me for my coding, deadlines (if any), and any other informations I will need. 

I'm not asking you for a job, or any money, just the ability to give someone in charge my fully coded races, and also someone to collaborate with.

Thanks for your consideration,

Derden

Races are coded in SourcePawn and follow their syntax and formatting.

Links:

http://docs.sourcemod.net/api/

http://ownageclan.com/war3source/functionreference/

http://www.sourcemodplugins.org/smlib/functionlist

Note that some functions have custom code. Also you will have to send the source code to either myself, Mr. Coolness or Thorgot to have it reviewed and added. You will receive full credit for the race. If you have any questions I'm sure we'd be willing to help. Also you will either have to include a translation file for your race or use a specific function for skill descriptions.