Sign in to follow this  
DrKhanMD

Picking up my first Super Sport bike

Well no shit. But your also generalizing the motorcycle community as well. Did you lose someone to a bike? Your awfully pretentious about a way of transportation.

http://rideapart.com/2013/05/what-the-latest-nhtsa-fatality-statistics-reveal-about-motorcycle-safety/

Read this article on motorcycle deaths. Out of 8 million riders, only 81000 got in accidents. And out of that, 4100 were actually fatal. And theres even statistics in there of who hit who and from what angle, whose fault. Maybe this will alter your perception that motorcycles don't mean car to pavement sandwhich.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII via Tapatalk 4.

Progress so far. Michelin Pilot Road 3 tires, chinese adjustable levers, silver rim tape, rear spool arms, front and rear pads. To come is: new front springs, new flush mounted blinkers, removing and polishing the headers/exhaust, replace scratched stator cover & timing cover with Woodcraft slider version, Corbin seat, HID projector headlight kit, and finally touch up the scratches on the fairings.

ldwc1Hr.jpg

fvb7Qjb.jpg

Edited by DrKhanMD

Unless your going to commute on that bike, bad choice on the tires. You won't get to push it very much. I've got pilot power 3s and they are like glue when it comes to corners. Rizoma turn signals would probably look better, still DOT approved and bright as fuck. 

When you get the HID kit, are you going with just the bulb or getting the projector as well?

Unless your going to commute on that bike, bad choice on the tires. You won't get to push it very much. I've got pilot power 3s and they are like glue when it comes to corners. Rizoma turn signals would probably look better, still DOT approved and bright as fuck. 

When you get the HID kit, are you going with just the bulb or getting the projector as well?

I do commute quite a bit. I have actually been pleasantly surprised on the amount of grip the tires have so far, despite the fact they are sport touring tires. I'll pick up a real sport/track set once I get closer to wanting to actually take it to the track.

As far as turn signals go, I do really like the look of the Rizoma's you mentioned, and they are pretty well priced too. I was also considering Proton's and Greggs. I think I prefer the just enough stick out of the Rizoma though so people can see it from head on. Thanks for the suggestion.

As for the HID kit, I was looking at doing the projectors and HID's at the same time, since HID's in reflector housings look like penis. Considering BK Moto as the supplier for hte projector/HID Kit

EDTI: nvm on the price of the Rizoma, I was looking at price PER signal, it's about the same as any other nice set.

Edited by DrKhanMD

I do commute quite a bit. I have actually been pleasantly surprised on the amount of grip the tires have so far, despite the fact they are sport touring tires. I'll pick up a real sport/track set once I get closer to wanting to actually take it to the track.

As far as turn signals go, I do really like the look of the Rizoma's you mentioned, and they are pretty well priced too. I was also considering Proton's and Greggs. I think I prefer the just enough stick out of the Rizoma though so people can see it from head on. Thanks for the suggestion.

As for the HID kit, I was looking at doing the projectors and HID's at the same time, since HID's in reflector housings look like penis. Considering BK Moto as the supplier for hte projector/HID Kit

EDTI: nvm on the price of the Rizoma, I was looking at price PER signal, it's about the same as any other nice set.

I know rizomas are expensive, but god damn mine look good. I got actions, 45 a piece.

+1 on bkmoto. Thats where I'm getting my kit if I ever decide to spend 300 on the kit.

Your tires are going to have grip, but more apt to slip if you corner harder.

Also, I got a brake light mod that flashes 7 times when you brake, then 3 times every few seconds. Pretty awesome.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII via Tapatalk 4.