Sign in to follow this  
Cr4sh0verid311

Desktop or Alienware 18?

I was going to just build a desktop but I work on the road and the hassle of carrying around a ton of stuff gets old and I cant help but to think that the Alienwares a baddass deal for the hardware in it. I've looked around alot and I cant find any better deals to make me change my mind but I'd  like others to direct me on what the better decision would be.

desktop.... It's better if you build it yourself, that way you can upgrade any parts

edit:

if you are the kind of person that keeps moving a lot I wouldn't hesitate buying a good gaming laptop (if you can). If you have a specific place for gaming, no doubt it should be the desktop.

I still recommend the desktop because I've gotten a lot of heat issues with laptops and games :(

ps.: building a desktop is easy

Edited by Piero

alienware is shit.

Yup, please never buy alienware

Pls don't buy the alienware. If you want a laptop you can find comparable ones for a much lower price.

Alienware is shit

If you're on the road a lot, I'd just get a laptop. Not alienware though.

desktop....

Its like 2600 before my warrantys.  Lets just say all games haha. cod batman Wow etc...

split in 1000 and 1600. for 1000 you get a super laptop which can play these games perfectly even with the intel HD integrated GPU for less power consumption and spend 1600 on a nice gaming rig.

Intensive gaming on a laptop will always make it super hot because of the limited space and cooling options.

Edited by Master Chief

/>

Alienware is shit

Honestly the laptops are perfectly fine, they're just stupidly overpriced. I got one for like half off so it ended up being about 750 which was cheaper than any other laptops that could run the games I wanted.

split in 1000 and 1600. for 1000 you get a super laptop which can play these games perfectly even with the intel HD integrated GPU for less power consumption and spend 1600 on a nice gaming rig.

Intensive gaming on a laptop will always make it super hot because of the limited space and cooling options.

This. I have a Y500 right now and it only costed me $925 (it was on sale) and it works great. Battlefield 4 runs at 30-40 fps (at best) on high.

Bonus: I can SLI the graphics card if I have the extra money.

Edited by Ishiode

This. I have a Y500 right now and it only costed me $925 (it was on sale) and it works great. Battlefield 4 runs at 30-40 fps (at best) on high.

Bonus: I can SLI the graphics card if I have the extra money.

where can you get the ultra bay for the second card? I can't find em anywhere.