Sign in to follow this  
Ichalvl

Streaming Cards

(I believe they're also called Capture Cards or whatever)

What are good streaming cards, if any? Are there any perks / etc of having them? I just finished up my new rig and would love to be able to stream more easily. 

I can post rig specs here in a second.

5KzmKN6.png

Edited by Ichalvl

I'm pretty sure this is secretly a "I have a better computer than you" thread.

I wish. I'm 90% sure that half of sG has a better computer than me, and this rig only cost me 800. I thought that was pretty low for a PC. 

I wish. I'm 90% sure that half of sG has a better computer than me, and this rig only cost me 800. I thought that was pretty low for a PC. 

You underestimate sG bro. We are some poor motherfuckers just trying to make it through college, except Ctark and Thorgot.

You underestimate sG bro. We are some poor motherfuckers just trying to make it through college, except Ctark and Thorgot.

Good news, I based that 90% off of donation count. So, Ctark and Thorgot make up 90% of it! 

16 GB of RAM? That's not even normal fucking cock munch

he honestly could've got a better GFX by not getting the 16gb and settling with 8 gigs, his GFX more than makes up for the lack of ram if there ever is one with the 2 GB of video ram in reserve.

Edited by HornyCat

he honestly could've got a better GFX by not getting the 16gb and settling with 8 gigs, his GFX more than makes up for the lack of ram if there ever is one with the 2 GB of video ram in reserve.

Shit I didn't even notice his graphics card..

lol..

AFAIK a streaming card is just software -> hardware. With the right streaming software and your CPU, you probably shouldn't have any issues with streaming. You probably shouldn't bother unless you actually make money off your streams.

595YB.png

This is good for streaming

He doesn't want to know that....

Just download software like Fraps, Dxtory or w/e. I'm pretty sure you need good internet too.

Edited by Ryziou

Just stick with OBS and your rig I would stream 720p@60fps or you could do 1080@30fps. you have an incredibly similar setup to 1/2 of LAG TVs casters and he streams at 720p@60fps.