Sign in to follow this  
Christmas

So PayPal Refunded Me 45 Bucks

So my Paypal account got jacked somehow and someone made two payments for two shirts which both cost about 45 dollars. Seeing as I had no money in my Paypal account to purchase these, I had to make a claim for an unauthorized transaction on my account. About a week later I got a call from a debt collector looking for me to pay the debt (PayPal automatically sent me there when I tried to confirm the issue). They said that PayPal rejected my claim so I had to pay the money with a credit card to them to get it straightened out. Lo and behold yesterday PayPal ended up refunding me the exact amount I had to pay the debt collectors, so now I have 45 dollars in my PayPal account that I was already over losing, and now don't know what to do with it.

What do you guys think I should do? Put it in my bank? Buy something stupid? Any suggestions would be great.

when collections call you; they're only goal is to make as much of the total as possible. you can always negotiate it down. Say shit like well, you want 45 but i can only afford to give you 2$ per month or 25 right now.  they'll usually take the lump sum you can afford.   time warner tried this shit for a 150$ bill, i paid 45 (which was really for the modem i forgot to return)

So like, I worked in collections, right. Whoever called you for that $45 really did not care if you paid it or not, am I right?

Even a 10% score on $45 at a 12% commission overall would do crap all for a few calls of back and forth aggression.

/>

this piece of shit disputed a payment for a skin i sold him from league and now i owe paypal 65 dollars...

next time make him pay as a 'donation' they can't refund those.

next time make him pay as a 'donation' they can't refund those.

Do you think I'm a retard? I told him to and he decided to fool me. Its all good I just called paypal and they reversed the claim. Fucking retard.

/>

Do you think I'm a retard? I told him to and he decided to fool me. Its all good I just called paypal and they reversed the claim. Fucking retard.

well next time state that or people wouldn't say that....

this piece of shit disputed a payment for a skin i sold him from league and now i owe paypal 65 dollars...

Paypal doesnt cover digital items if something were to go wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

/>

Paypal doesnt cover digital items if something were to go wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

That's why I won the dispute. I just called them and told them it was a digital purchase that went smoothly and he was the one who disputed not me.

Why would you buy/sell a league skin on Paypal O.o

Edited by Count

/>

Why would you buy a league skin off Paypal O.o
I guess you can't read. I sold a skin to someone on PayPal and then they disputed the payment. I made a claim saying that I distributed the item and got the money off hold. I didn't buy anything...

Also..

You can't buy skins off of PayPal

.. Paypal is like a bank and a transfer system for online funds.

Edited by Sean