1. 1. How should teams be organized?

• Random
    • Self-Created
    • Captains Pick (Last Tournament)
  2. 2. What should the team size be?

• 5 Players
    • 6 Players (1 extra player)
    • 7 Players (2 extra players)
  3. 3. Should we have prerequisite matches to properly seed?

4. 4. How should our bracket look?

• Single Elimination
    • Double Elimination
  5. 5. de_aztec?

6. 6. de_season?

7. 7. de_mirage?

• Yes (CS:S Port)
    • Yes (Valve/CS:GO Edition)
    • No
  8. 8. de_mill_ce?

9. 9. de_piranesi / de_cbble?

• Yes (Both)
    • Yes (de_piranesi only)
    • Yes (de_cbble only)
    • No
  10. 10. de_cache?

/>

The tournament last time was ran pretty good until the subbing became a huge issue. If we do end up doing captains choice (which I agree on) then we should create a list with the players current MM rank to get a better understanding of who we are picking and what experience they have in team scrims. We had like 70+ people and I had no idea on about half of the peoples ranks as per I have never played with them in our mixed MM pugs and stuff. I also voted on a 6th player being added to avoid any type of problem with subbing as per last tournament. If people miss the deadline for entering, they should be left out and have to watch. You should of also added a commentary selection for monkeh again because that shit was hilarious

I think it should be more even teams also like I don't want to be facing a team sketch, wind, icop, knox, and dogsgomeow would be the most unfair stuff. Maybe highest ranked players get team captains?

People voted No for half of the maps in the poll. Get some experience pliss. Season might be the most tactical map in the game.

For all I know it could. I haven't played it so I don't care, and I'm not going to learn it purely for one competition.

Edited by Dyscivist

For all I know it could. I haven't played it so I don't care, and I'm not going to learn it purely for one competition.

I can understand that. To be fair, the early tournament matches should be played on classic maps most people know.

I can understand that. To be fair, the early tournament matches should be played on classic maps most people know.

I agree when it's early in the matches the maps should be classic and then when it's down to top 3-4 then they should be other maps than the classic maps.

Maps should be like inferno, d2, mirage, nuke, train, cache - maps that are played in real tourneys and most people should know.

Also, another thought, can we have known hackers (previous or current) not allowed in this tournament? Being 100% serious. What's to stop them from turning them on during one of the matches?

Maps should be like inferno, d2, mirage, nuke, train, cache - maps that are played in real tourneys and most people should know.

Also, another thought, can we have known hackers (previous or current) not allowed in this tournament? Being 100% serious. What's to stop them from turning them on during one of the matches?

Season, Mill, Siege (port, not Valve version).

Season, Mill, Siege (port, not Valve version).

Crosses out Dust2 and then brings up maps that aren't played competitively in CS:GO through the CS:GO client and that are never in tournaments.

Edited by Dyscivist

Crosses out Dust2 and then brings up maps that aren't played competitively in CS:GO through the CS:GO client and that are never in tournaments.

CEVO

8w9hbXJ.png

ESEA Season 15

HWz87Cm.png

ESEA Season 14

APa7t2G.png

I shoulda added Contra to that list. That's a great map. I should also mention that ESEA tournaments only have the _se version of de_dust2 in any of their season map pools, considering how T-sided the original is. Even this season (15), it was played on de_dust2_se, not the original, despite the listing.

Edited by camelFun

Honestly, it should just be the valve versions (and valve maps) so teams can practice together easily via comp mm. And wtf siege? lmao k.

Edited by Jiyeon

siege is not anywhere at all ever going to be played again in a league*

imo:

mirage

dust2

cache

season

train_ve (so I can go under the trains)**

inferno

and nuke i guess

*For the same reason assault isn't, I imagine. 

**Not to mention how it isn't so unnecessarily narrow and congested like the Valve version.

*For the same reason assault isn't, I imagine. 

**Not to mention how it isn't so unnecessarily narrow and congested like the Valve version.

valve train isn't bad imo i just miss hiding under trains

That'd be quite unfair, we'd be disallowing Kyle, Piero, iCop, myself... this list goes on and on, and I honestly don't hack unless it's on an alt for fun.

Seriously I really enjoy comp, I have like 200+ wins and I'm around AK rank, all legitimate wins too

Edited by Drake

like hacking?

Like Drug said, there will be SMAC and spectators watching. 

Smac. And all the people spectating.

Of course hacking is unfair, but to just straight up exclude all known hackers? Seriously?

Of course hacking is unfair, but to just straight up exclude all known hackers? Seriously?

The thing is, when you put yourself below the standard of hacking, you put yourself lower on our trust list. 

Of course you only hack on alt accounts, but it's easy as shit to wall without anyone knowing. 

With that being said, I just wish we got that ESEA plugin that only loads enemies once they're close to visible for you.

but to just straight up exclude all known hackers? Seriously?

people who cheat in leagues in any game(usually) get permabanned

so they exclude people who cheat, and it's widely accepted

i could care less either way but I mean your statement was redundant.

I mean.. I did say "Being 100% serious." And how does that even warrant a "Seriously?" It's pretty obvious why I would want to exclude all known hackers from a tournament. I wouldn't make a trade with a known scammer, nor would I let a pedophile near a daycare. Same thing goes for hackers and tournaments.

But it's not up to me. It's just my opinion and ultimately staff's decision on what to do.

I mean.. I did say "Being 100% serious." And how does that even warrant a "Seriously?" It's pretty obvious why I would want to exclude all known hackers from a tournament. I wouldn't make a trade with a known scammer, nor would I let a pedophile near a daycare. Same thing goes for hackers and tournaments.

But it's not up to me. It's just my opinion and ultimately staff's decision on what to do.

Alright. I fully support your cause.

Let's ban all hackers from sG please