Sign in to follow this  
Ichalvl

A suggestion regarding community vote and polls.

I'm wondering why applications are handled through posts and not polls.

Now, assuming the staff could implement a way so you could change your vote once ever 24 hours or something, the system would be better because:

- No more people voting yes or no strictly for vote count

- If staff are taking forever to add in their votes, the community can still get started on voting. If the staff vote is not reached, then the app will be pulled and votes will be nullified.

- This leaves the topic to not be spammed by votes. This would lead to people more easily posting good or bad things on a recruit's application.

Of course the voting system would be as it currently is, one for yes community, one for yes SO/VIP/LEG, and one for staff. Then there's a no choice for all votes as well.

This system sounds like a good idea to me, but I'd love for the community to discuss it with me.

So, thoughts?

Edited by Ichalvl

Because we don't discuss or give a reason. It would kill off recruitment threads really.

That's why you can still post on recruit's apps saying why or why not you voted for them. But I see a lot of posts saying "yes" or "no" without a reason.

That's why you can still post on recruit's apps saying why or why not you voted for them. But I see a lot of posts saying "yes" or "no" without a reason.

This. I think it's great that people can vote on other's entry into the clan but if you're gonna vote, at least say no with a reason to make a valid point. Or say yes with a reason because maybe that applicant did something that others should know about, maybe to help get more yes votes. Might cause more no votes too, say if an applicant was a child or mic spammed or is an RDMing/ Freekilling fuck.

Because we don't discuss or give a reason. It would kill off recruitment threads really.

Oreo makes a huge point right here.

Also, SO, VIP, and LEG votes are worth two, not one.

Staff votes are also worth three.

Edited by BoondockBrutha

Why are we even discussing attempting to fix an unbroken system? Also, totally forgot the votes being worth something like boondock mentioned.

Edited by Oreo

A bit off topic, but I feel like L3 clan member votes should be worth at least two points as well.

Just my opinion though.

Edited by BoondockBrutha

Why fix something that isn't broken? Maybe the voting system has its flaws, but don't you think the staff has bigger and better things to do to improve your comunity? Not saying this is a bad idea, but, correct me if i'm wrong, this would take a lot of work for very little improvement.

Edited by Count of Monte-Cristo

I don't think the current system is broken, rather not optimized.

The problem with putting feedback in votes is that it gets lost amongst the wall of "yes", "no", etc.

Removing the vote-tally would overall be better because I could then just look in a recruit's app and see nothing but feedback, in my mind it would be an improvement.

1)lol who uses apps to get their post count up? that is by far the dumbest thing i have heard all day.

2) lol spam with votes? you mean voting is spamming now?

3)the system will not change how fast staph vote 

4)like stated above a lot of members have more than 1 vote.

1)lol who uses apps to get their post count up? that is by far the dumbest thing i have heard all day.

2) lol spam with votes? you mean voting is spamming now?

3)the system will not change how fast staph vote 

4)like stated above a lot of members have more than 1 vote.

You're the one who said in shitbox that people vote on recruits purely for post count. That point I made was entirely from you.

I'm wondering why applications are handled through posts and not polls.

Now, assuming the staff could implement a way so you could change your vote once ever 24 hours or something, the system would be better because:

- No more people voting yes or no strictly for vote count

- If staff are taking forever to add in their votes, the community can still get started on voting. If the staff vote is not reached, then the app will be pulled and votes will be nullified.

- This leaves the topic to not be spammed by votes. This would lead to people more easily posting good or bad things on a recruit's application.

Of course the voting system would be as it currently is, one for yes community, one for yes SO/VIP/LEG, and one for staff. Then there's a no choice for all votes as well.

This system sounds like a good idea to me, but I'd love for the community to discuss it with me.

So, thoughts?

Ok,

No

Reason: Annoying 

Is that good?

I don't think the current system is broken, rather not optimized.

The problem with putting feedback in votes is that it gets lost amongst the wall of "yes", "no", etc.

Removing the vote-tally would overall be better because I could then just look in a recruit's app and see nothing but feedback, in my mind it would be an improvement.

Let me explain to you why this wouldn't work. The major thing here, we measure votes out of a x/50 basis, x can be any real number(lolmathreferences). Using the poll we would not get an overall of everything, it would be heavily disorganized and have numerous other issues. One of the major issues i'm suggesting is the fact that it will kill off recruitment threads. People are just going to go in, click a vote and leave or in some cases just leave without voting/not even open threads at all. There are members that base their opinions off of feedback, feedback that would not exist in this situation. You would have little to no discussion and people would either ignore the recruit or just blindly vote because of it. In the long run, people would probably just disappear much like how a server works. We don't want this, we want an active community that spends more than five seconds looking at a vote. People are inclined to read comments in recruitment threads and they usually span a few pages that can easily alter someones vote. If we go with this poll like you suggest then we would have a disorganized, silent and blind voting system. It's not broken and works well as is, we don't need to optimize anything if it's not a hindrance and working extremely well. Know that saying "Don't fix it if it ain't broken"? Yeah, apply that to this, because what you're suggesting would more than likely damage the system for a long time.

Edited by Oreo

You make it sound like we're inducting people into a highly regarded society.

We're a group of people online who choose other cool kids we want in our club. I don't think you really need a legitimate reason for not wanting someone in simply because they've done nothing wrong. You have to be someone the community likes.

Seriously why are you analyzing this so much? Quiet day on the forums? Trying a little harder to be noticeable to the powers that be in hopes of joining them? What's the motivation behind this? There's nothing that a poll vote would fix with the current system. In fact the way I read it, you'd like to see people vote yes or no, then explain why they made their choice (mostly regarding no votes). This would actually make it less efficient and more of a waste of time..

Tl;dr - stop trying so hard.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2