Sign in to follow this  
HalfEatenCookie

Network Connection Help Pls

So for a long time now I've had troubles connecting to my home wifi. Random days I'd come home from school and have to keep reconnecting my computer to the main computer/modem/router through our network until it eventually finds my "hidden network" and connects like normal. I have no idea why this happens but the same thing happens trying to connect my ipod to the wifi saying the "network is unable to connect" and I just have to keep retrying till it finally does. This started happening after I put a password on our wifi I think.

If anyone could read all this and help me that would be very appreciated. and I know I could probably just unplug my router and plug it back in every time but then everyone elses computer disconnects so I can't do that and I can't remove the password... What do? :(

What kind of password did you set on it? Some devices/cards have a tough time connecting with WPA/WPS I've noticed. Might be a good idea to try using WEP encryption and see if your devices have an easier time connecting.. 

What is a wireless channel im no computer wiz which is why I'm asking for help :)

type 192.168.1.1, or something like that. I use a linksys router so that is mine.

Then default login should be admin and admin or administrator and administrator, keep trying.

Then try to find internet privacy and there you can change your password and channel.

try these links

edit type it in ur address bar

Edited by ROFL

I don't want to change the password to my network I already know how to change that I just thought there might be something interrupting the signals or something because when i diagnose my network connection it says "problem with access point" and doesn't fix it...

I changed the channel but I'm not sure if it did anything I won't know until like the next time i can't connect and ill keep you guys posted but I was just wondering if it matters what computer I access my router on? becuz I changed the channel but not from the main computer with the router hooked up to it, I changed it from my computer upstairs running through our wifi...?

Alright so I changed the channel from 6 to 1 and my computer seems to connect right away everytime like it should but my ipod or my dads ipod doesn't always connect to the wifi. Like right now my ipod cant connect but my sisters is connected? Should I change the channel again? What do pls :)

put it to 11 and my ipod is connected but i was also wondering is extended range mode would help anything? I came home from soccer today and woke up my computer and it couldnt connect to the network properly becuz something was wrong with the access point but then i restarted and ran a diagnostic again and it fixed itself :/?

Trying to give as much info as i can with this issue...

go read this; http://lifehacker.com/5538927/wifi-stumbler-scans-local-wi+fi-to-find-an-interference+free-channel

find a channel without interference; use it. if this doesn't resolve your issue, try disabling upnp (known to cause issues in many atheros based wireless devices) and see what happens. 

is this a wireless access point or a wireless router? what brand is it? have you looked at the support forums for it to see if others have the same issue? is there a firmware update for your device?  While checking the gaming forum is a technique, your vendor's forum is probably your best shot for a first stop fix.  chances are someone has encountered your issue and provided a fix.

BUMP! So I disabled the upnp and I thought it helped but still having problems connecting sometimes so I was thinking about resetting my TrendNet router and securring it from scratch again with a password. Because when the wifi is fresh resetted with no password we were able to connect to it no problem. So if I wanted to reset and it secure it properly how would I go about this in your opinions? Or if you have a fix to my problem I'll gladly try to try it. BUMP! 

Edit: Trendnet, wireless router, didnt look on the support forums yet i guess i will tomorrow now and edit this again, I have no idea about firmware updates.

Edited by HalfEatenCookie

BUMP! So I disabled the upnp and I thought it helped but still having problems connecting sometimes so I was thinking about resetting my TrendNet router and securring it from scratch again with a password. Because when the wifi is fresh resetted with no password we were able to connect to it no problem. So if I wanted to reset and it secure it properly how would I go about this in your opinions? Or if you have a fix to my problem I'll gladly try to try it. BUMP!

you didn't even answer the questions i asked just prior to your bump scrub.

If it keeps persisting, and if your IP has decent customer support, call them. I was having issues like that for a while and turned out I needed a new box.

This post is from last year brah

This post is from last year brah

except that the OP just posted new information.. so clearly it's still a problem.. but way to pay attention :)