Sign in to follow this  
MOFLSTOMP

Buying (Well, lease into buy) my first car

So, I'm currently looking at a 2014 Nissan Versa Note SV edition, fully loaded. Between MPG, storage for my mountain bike and/or PC depending on the day, and the overall feel of the car, I want it, but I also haven't checked other options yet. Not looking for crazy horsepower (yet), so try to keep things reasonable. :P

For a subcompact, I'd recommend either the Honda Fit or the Ford Fiesta.

The Fiesta is a very good car. Handles extremely well, very economical, spacious, and the interior fit and finish isn't bad for its class either. Haven't driven the Fit, but I've heard many good things about it. I'm not familiar enough with the Versa to make an adequate assessment, although I do know that the Versa is the cheapest offering in that market segment.

Probably not if you think buying a new car is a good idea.

So says the 19-year-old...

For a subcompact, I'd recommend either the Honda Fit or the Ford Fiesta.

The Fiesta is a very good car. Handles extremely well, very economical, spacious, and the interior fit and finish isn't bad for its class either. Haven't driven the Fit, but I've heard many good things about it. I'm not familiar enough with the Versa to make an adequate assessment, although I do know that the Versa is the cheapest offering in that market segment.

I've done price and fuel economy comparisons. With everything I'd be putting in each car, my lease payments would only be ~$158/mo with the Versa.

Edited by Moflstomp.mp3

So says the 19-year-old...

I've done price and fuel economy comparisons. With everything I'd be putting in each car, my lease payments would only be ~$158/mo with the Versa.

I regret every day the car I purchased on a loan. To have a lease would be asinine really, you're putting in probably around 5-6k over the course of the lease and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

5-6k can get you a very reliable car with no burden of a loan or a lease.

I get by on my $300 honda civic now.

I regret every day the car I purchased on a loan. To have a lease would be asinine really, you're putting in probably around 5-6k over the course of the lease and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

5-6k can get you a very reliable car with no burden of a loan or a lease.

I get by on my $300 honda civic now.

Well, I'm leasing and then financing it afterwards, so even with the money spent, I'm putting wear and miles on it and likely driving the price down by more than the lease cost in the process

As soon as you drive that new car off the lot, it's lost value.

If you're buying a new car you better be running it into the ground yourself. Resale on cars is always a loss. Selling cars is for the rich who want something new and the so poor that they have to sell to get quick cash to pay off something else

And why are you leasing, then financing... sounds like you don't have enough to be purchasing yet? Just conjecture but maybe more of a down payment would be a good choice if you can wait.

Like everyone else said, buy used

Be sure to check the lease information as well because you could only drive it so many miles a year or be hit by a mileage few for excess miles. But honestly if your going to lease then buy you may as well buy it first.

Check other options from lets say 2010 and onward if you really want a recent car. Don't get a 2014, it's never really worth it to be honest, you usually want one that's a year or two behind if you want a a somewhat new one. Nissans are good cars though, so enjoy it if you get one.

Lol. You came on the forums looking for advice and comments, and then you turn around and try and defend every little thing when everyone is telling you its a dumb idea. If you're going to do that why bother even posting? Sounds like you're just trying to find someone to agree with your poor decisions.

Lol. You came on the forums looking for advice and comments, and then you turn around and try and defend every little thing when everyone is telling you its a dumb idea. If you're going to do that why bother even posting? Sounds like you're just trying to find someone to agree with your poor decisions.

Thanks for your valuable advice and/or comment