Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Panda

Help Mr.Panda please!!

so my computer monitor is having trouble receiving signal. tower would turn on, all the fans working and what not but the monitor. i looked up online for solutions, such as unplugging the power and holding the power button for a minute. cleaning the RAM out, switching RAM around ( works sometimes ), and i even unplug and plug back in my video card and sometimes the monitor would turn on. I asked my cousin and he is kind of stumped himself.. hes a computer geek. and he told me to hook up my onboard. so i did.. and sometimes that doesnt work.. I would turn on and off a few times before it works. So he thinks its my video card. but then even switching around RAMs and using my onboard isnt a guarantee that my monitor will turn on... WHAT DO YOU SG FAGS KNOW BOUT THIS!??!! LAY IT ON ME!

wait so your monitor turns on, but there is no picture, or does it not turn on?

Edited by _kyle_

are you serious?

Here is a link if you're having trouble finding ram to download

http://downloadmoreram.com/

It turns on, like it shows the logo, then it goes black... then it says No Signal

Either the vga/dvi/hdmi cable is broken, or not plugged in, or one of the vga/hdmi/dvi ports is broken, or the graphics card is broken

Edited by _kyle_

If the monitor isn't receiving a signal, it's possibly 2 different things:

1. your video card is dead

2. the video card isn't responding to the monitor

if it's a new computer, you probably got the wrong type of video card or your monitor is outdated

if you've used it alot before, then it's probably a broken ass video card.

If the monitor isn't receiving a signal, it's possibly 2 different things:

1. your video card is dead

2. the video card isn't responding to the monitor

if it's a new computer, you probably got the wrong type of video card or your monitor is outdated

if you've used it alot before, then it's probably a broken ass video card.

My video card is like... 4 years old... it was working before.. its started doing this about 2 weeks ago. 

Kyle are you fucking stupid he said the monitor turned on, showed splash, and then turned off.

Its either a mobo failure or video card failure who knows record it happening and send it to me on facebook or something Panda

Kyle are you fucking stupid he said the monitor turned on, showed splash, and then turned off.

Its either a mobo failure or video card failure who knows record it happening and send it to me on facebook or something Panda

"It turns on, like it shows the logo, then it goes black... then it says No Signal"

The logo

Monitor brand logo. Most monitors show the brand as they turn on.

"It turns on, like it shows the logo, then it goes black... then it says No Signal"

The logo

Monitor brand logo. Most monitors show the brand as they turn on.

Read OP before you say its a cable problem.

you have to delete system32 first

ok.. now youre just trolling me...

if youre not gonna really help me.. then please mess around on another time.. im always up for jokes but right now is not the time..

Edited by Mr.Panda

I have a similar problem Mr Panda but it is related to me unlocking 2 locked cores on my CPU. When I power on my tower I have to hit the power followed by reset as I don't know why but if I just simply power on it will not show video. I am thinking of reverting back to default setting for my cpu and most likely overclocking from there.

I have a similar problem Mr Panda but it is related to me unlocking 2 locked cores on my CPU. When I power on my tower I have to hit the power followed by reset as I don't know why but if I just simply power on it will not show video. I am thinking of reverting back to default setting for my cpu and most likely overclocking from there.

hmm... i was told overclocking wasnt good to try to fix the problem.

please try plugging your monitor into another known-working pc

if it works, try to find another monitor to test plugging into your pc

legit, listen to this man, and no one else in this thread

It seems like a cable problem, seeing as it sometimes works/doesn't work.

If it was a mobo problem, the video card would work

If it was a video card, the onboard would still work

Try a new cable.