Sign in to follow this  
Clamps

Changing my own color

Maybe someone here can explain to me how coloring myself black is affecting the outcome of a game so much that I had two recently appointed SO's ask me to refrain from it. I've been doing it for months and no one made a peep about it. I'm not disrupting the round in any way so I really do not see what the big deal is. 

P.S. - JB SO's who won't be named but know damned well who they are, ease up on the power trip. Some of us actually play this game for fun and to relax. 

Apologies for the rant.

the only thing I can think of that would cause a disruption in the round would be the fact that most of our freedays involve the T getting colored, there for confusing the ct's on who to kill and who not to kill.

I personally enjoy your coloring as it adds fun to the game. If anything you are just harming your chances of successfully rebelling so the only consequences are on you.

the only thing I can think of that would cause a disruption in the round would be the fact that most of our freedays involve the T getting colored, there for confusing the ct's on who to kill and who not to kill.

Completely understand that, Eddy and I make it a point to take notice if a FD involving a color is in effect (since half the time i'm the one coloring them anyway) and refrain from doing it. Like I said, I'm not trying to nor is it my intention to disrupt a round in anyway. Just my own way of having a laugh and actually using the admin i pay for on me for a change..

The fact that after I told you, you lashed out at me and became a huge hypocrite makes me dislike you a lot as a person and a player on jailbreak. (BUT YOU ABUSE SO I CAN ABUSE TOO. Real mature bro)

It's just really annoying and theres no point to doing it.

Edited by Sean

The fact that after I told you, you lashed out at me and became a huge hypocrite makes me dislike you a lot as a person and a player on jailbreak. (BUT YOU ABUSE SO I CAN ABUSE TOO. Real mature bro)

It's just really annoying and theres no point to doing it.

Lol, like I said last night, when you stop repeatedly respawning and slaying other T's for your own shits and giggles, feel free to come have a conversation with me. Your whole argument is invalid based on that alone. 

You're right, there is no point to doing it. But who cares? It's almost as pointless as repeatedly respawning/rocketing someone else. But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

RainCv2, out. 

Lol, like I said last night, when you stop repeatedly respawning and slaying other T's for your own shits and giggles, feel free to come have a conversation with me. Your whole argument is invalid based on that alone. 

You're right, there is no point to doing it. But who cares? It's almost as pointless as repeatedly respawning/rocketing someone else. But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

RainCv2, out. 

what? when did i respawn and slay anyone other than 1 ct who was okay with it lmao

this isnt an argument. you're extremely sensitive when it comes to other people pointing out your mistakes and you bitch out at them, i have a prime example of a person who i will not name but you probably know who i'm talking about.z

Again, what mistake? This is the whole reason I'm here and made this post. It also doesn't matter if your target is ok with you repeatedly slaying them, you're still using your admin privileges in a far worse way than me coloring myself. 

What I have a problem with is people going on a power trip over a video game that's meant to be fun. And if that certain individual who I can clearly see is reading this thread still wants to hold a grudge, by all effing means he has my blessing. 

The bottom line is, the reason threads like this exist (http://www.joinsg.net/topic/55505-what-do-you-see-as-the-biggest-problem-in-jb/) are because people are taking this game too fucking serious. If that's the way JB is supposed to be run, so be it. I've been playing less as it is because of it, i'll happily work on my TTT or WC3 game and leave it behind for good. 

Black is the color of Ninjas and a CT could mistake you for one and you could run off easily. Also use of any command no matter how harmless is considered admin abuse. As a paidmin or admin for that matter, you should put the server before yourself.

Black is the color of Ninjas and a CT could mistake you for one and you could run off easily. Also use of any command no matter how harmless is considered admin abuse. As a paidmin or admin for that matter, you should put the server before yourself.

You're right, which is why I stated earlier in response to Eddy's post regarding the same subject I don't color myself is someone is on an LR that requires their color be changed.. I mean really the only time and the reason I still do it was an inside joke with Splewis. 

If people think I'm a bad paidmin, please speak up. I do my best to make sure the server is actively enjoyable while I'm on.  I'll happily cancel it and just be a normal JB player if people think otherwise. There's really no personal benefit to me having it. Well besides coloring myself and slaying a someone who FK'd me. Which even that I rarely do. 

You're right, which is why I stated earlier in response to Eddy's post regarding the same subject I don't color myself is someone is on an LR that requires their color be changed.. I mean really the only time and the reason I still do it was an inside joke with Splewis. 

If people think I'm a bad paidmin, please speak up. I do my best to make sure the server is actively enjoyable while I'm on.  I'll happily cancel it and just be a normal JB player if people think otherwise. There's really no personal benefit to me having it. Well besides coloring myself and slaying a someone who FK'd me. Which even that I rarely do. 

I'm not saying you're a bad paidmin. Every admin makes mistakes, I made hundreds just admit them and fix the problem and move on. That's how you become a better admin.  Everyone enjoys your work as an admin on the server there's no reason to quit.

That's the thing though,most people I know that play JB usually tab out after they die, if someone comes back and see's a random T that's colored black or any other color, it can cause confusion, whether or not someone else is on an lr or not. I am not going to go out of my way to be a dick to you though, if I'm on when you do it, I will ask you to stop. you've been a paidmin for quite sometime, and if you had stayed active, I could'v seen you getting SO, you constantly enforce the rules in a fair way, and you're never biased when making decisions.

That's the thing though,most people I know that play JB usually tab out after they die, if someone comes back and see's a random T that's colored black or any other color, it can cause confusion, whether or not someone else is on an lr or not. I am not going to go out of my way to be a dick to you though, if I'm on when you do it, I will ask you to stop. you've been a paidmin for quite sometime, and if you had stayed active, I could'v seen you getting SO, you constantly enforce the rules in a fair way, and you're never biased when making decisions.

Guess I just never tabbed out when I'm dead so really never thought about it. If its really that big of a deal then i'll just refrain from doing it.

Welcome to Mount Molehill.

Population ~[jb population]

In any kind of seriousness if an SO asks you to stop. Just stop.

I don't see the harm in this action in most rounds, but there is one major problem and that is that this situation can easily lend itself to favoritism.

If you absolutely have to color yourself, wait til lr or something.

Honestly I can't believe situations like this even make it to the forum.

*King-Clamps colours himself black*

- Random SO: "Why did you colour yourself black?"

- King-Clamps: "Just for shits and giggles, I do it all the time for no reason really."

- Random SO: "In that case can you please refrain from doing so, as it may result in confusion for the CT's."

Last time I checked SO's should be able to handle this situation before it even makes it to the forums, it's not like this even really requires a debate at all. The judgement calls made by the SO's should be sufficient enough for you to stop whatever you're doing if asked, and maybe contact a staff sometime later to double check if you feel it's necessary.

It doesn't really detract from the game. You're just being a gigantic douche by trying to be unique. Oh look at me the special little butterfly.

Seriously though. You're just being egotistical. Just stop.