Sign in to follow this  
B-cock #1

Takeno Buff

Uhh Takeno is one of the best knife races on the server. It's fine.

It's exactly the same as it was in CSS, I think it's even a little bit faster.

Edited by Ika

Just like finished lvling takeno haven't critted once haven't disarmed enemy once... It doesn't even get 100% invis anymore.. All it is now is like 70% invis 140 hp and low grav... Imo not very viable :P.. Honestly thought it was made like the wcs1 one

Oh nvm now I see it's like a flame pred without the extra dmg :o

works well enough just a hell of a lot different than the wcs1 counterpart 

OOH MY FIRST CRIT SO HAPPY after 3 maps :D

Edited by xmen

Just like finished lvling takeno haven't critted once haven't disarmed enemy once... It doesn't even get 100% invis anymore.. All it is now is like 70% invis 140 hp and low grav... Imo not very viable :P.. Honestly thought it was made like the wcs1 one

Oh nvm now I see it's like a flame pred without the extra dmg :o

works well enough just a hell of a lot different than the wcs1 counterpart 

OOH MY FIRST CRIT SO HAPPY after 3 maps :D

This post, are you shitting me :|...

With the ultimate hiding in plain sight becomes a breeze, hear an enemy coming around the corner you are camping, ult it and hold still... Also works great to walk through or across a choke point on a map (de_mill is a great example). It can even be used agressively, a few seconds of being harder to see while you go in for additional stabs is great, less chance an enemy will get a headshot on you.

Regarding crit versus extra damage I think quite a few people rather stick with the crit chance on takeno rather than have it be changed to some extra damage. 800+ damage to an infected with 3 right clicks on their back, try doing that with flame pred....

It took 3 maps to get a crit? Either you didn't have the race maxed or you are just not hitting the enemies at all... Also a crit does not always mean an instant kill, easiest example is the infected or humans with bonus health (I would guess the holy shield might prevent the crit too, don't know though).

Takeno has some good damage and mobility. Don't forget that the extra 2k cash every round can easily be spent on at least a ring of regeneration if not a mask of death / something similar for about 5k. Don't forget to bet every death when a win is essentially guaranteed too. I've had multiple rounds where I could buy a ring + mask and then bet 10k on the soon to win team and as such have 16k (or 18k with the extra spawn cash) at the start of next round (this means I have ring and mask for this new round and 16k cash to do this tactic all over again).

Total shop whoring though is not always a great idea, but with the above tactic you can buy an item or two from shop every round easily.

Edited by Mr_Oob

Flame Pred can buy long jump, making it infinitely better.

inb4 flame pred can't buy longjump?

They are somewhat similar, but the extra 2k cash per round and the invis ult of takeno is really helpful.

lol takeno aint hard to spot at all... All I ever get is headshotted across the map when ulti'd it isn't even 100% invis anymore :<

But I do agree it's better than some of the knife races (eg. blade master :P)

Edited by xmen

lol flamepred aint hard to spot at all... All I ever get is headshotted across the map when ulti'd it isn't even 100% reliable anymore :<

*fixed

On original post though: ?_?... The radar does show where you are regardless of being invisible or not, easiest way to spot a lurker. Invis works better on some maps than others and moving sometimes makes it easier to see you... Play human lawnmower if you think invis does nothing ;P?

lol takeno aint hard to spot at all... All I ever get is headshotted across the map when ulti'd it isn't even 100% invis anymore :<

this is correct, not flame pred. he said when ulti'd which means even more invis rather than flame pred's passive suicide bomber in which you'd actually be dead so there would be no point