Sign in to follow this  
Quayle

Should you be able to teleport/blink out of entangled/root/ensnared?

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to teleport/blink out of entangled/root/ensnared?

Not sure how to vote... Stuff that poof you away to spawn / another location that is non-human teleport (wisp tele, blade master mirror) should take you out of entangle. Human tele versus entangle = entangle wins.

I say you should be able to while you are rooted simply because it blocks you from moving, and doesn't necessarily "silence" you. If an orc can use chain lightning (its ultimate) while it's rooted, why can't another race use it's ultimate while rooted?

Now there are two types of ultimate movements, one which changes your velocity (human teleport) which would not work in roots because roots changes your velocity to zero. The other is one that changes your position all-together and that one should work because even when you change your location you're unable to move, its not as if the entangle just canceled.

Okay so maybe we can teleport/blink but still remain rooted wherever you move to.

Only problem is the people who always teleport back to spawn so unless there is an enemy camping their spawn it makes no difference if they teleport back to be rooted in their spawn for 2 seconds.

Only problem is the people who always teleport back to spawn so unless there is an enemy camping their spawn it makes no difference if they teleport back to be rooted in their spawn for 2 seconds.

There's only two races that do this as far as I can think of, blademaster & default. Default is different because it's essentially "re-spawning", and blademaster is a fake death caused by his passive (a mirror image killed) implying that the person playing blademaster would have died from your attack... so unless you want me to make roots block the use of skills, there would be only a problem with the one race default... which still wouldn't be a problem because like I said it's a respawn and night elf roots don't block ultimates, only movement.

Flying and +speed-on-hit used to remove entangles in CSS (e.g. Archmages/Golden Tail), not sure if this is still possible here. Was pretty OP.