Sign in to follow this  
B-cock #1

Due To Recent Chadron Events...

Due to Chadron being eventually banned, I think we should discuss "first joining server" rules.

In its current state, if you are to join the server you get max cash (16k). Now, what Chadron was doing is joining the server and then re-joining to buy tomes (now currently viewed as exploiting). This may or may not be fine to some people, but currently there is no benefit to stay on the server if you're the only one. You do not get any xp for rescuing hosties when there are less than 2 people on the server, your only option is to sit there with your thumb up your ass.

Also to the server owners, did you consider what Chadron was doing as exploiting? They knew that if you join the server first that you get 16k since week 1, it would be hard to justify this as an oversight.

Thoughts? Opinions? Trolls?

Agreed, last I heard they were looking for a fix for that, also you can grab hosties to get the money and just buy the 15k tome, but slightly more legit I would think since you're just waiting for people to come on

i'm not the "server owner" but it's pretty obvious that it's an exploit. anyone that says otherwise has no idea what they're talking about. it's easy to not abuse the fact that you get 16k. rejoining a server over and over and pressing a couple buttons is just as repetitive and boring as sitting around with your thumb up your ass and rescuing hosties.

my stance on it: rescue hosties till you get 15k, rinse and repeat. this isn't exploiting.

btw, chadron wasn't banned because of the exploit. he was banned because of his involvement with faking suicide. 

Edited by Sketchmaticx

They were definitely aware that you get 16k, however because there was no immediate fix to it, or any reason to require a fix, it was in fact overlooked. Or at least that's what I think.

Show us ur V necks bby

Technically if you join first, you get set into a warm-up round which if you stay alive will never end so you have to kill yourself to start the round.

You don't get any experience at all for planting a bomb or rescuing a hostie at all. Just cash.

There needs to be a reward for sitting in that server, just slowly earning cash isn't really enticing to sit there at times.

It was listed as an issue to fix a month ago, and I coded up a fix at that time, but then I fell into real life. It was certainly never intended that you could gain experience without playing with someone else.

It's fixed now.

Coolness put in Default so I assume a reset was needed for that.

i didn't reset the server for that but the servers did all go down for a moment and i restarted it, so yeah it should be implemented now :S

As long as you rescue hostages or plant/defuse bomb for the $ that is fine but leaving and rejoining the server will be considered exploiting and you risk losing your levels or getting banned. Also JoDo stop spamming everything you enter with 2-3 responses back to back holy fuck. You still have a WHOLE 20 days to reach 25 posts before you can apply......

You don't get any experience at all now unless 2 players are in the server and this is even during live rounds and not the pre-round warm up. Even if you buy a tome, it gives you no experience.