Sign in to follow this  
JWB10

How much money do you make?

you can read the whole thread

pole smoker!

also, chosen forgot to mention around 2500/mo of his pay is tax-exempt

$30/hr as a pharmacy tech

My wife was a pharmacy tech for 2 years. The most she made was $10/hr with a bachelors degree. I would love to know where pharmacy techs earn $30/hr (seriously). She went back to school to earn a 2nd bachelors to become a dietician because she wasn't earning enough as a pharmacy tech.

Are you going to be a pharmacist? I ask cause my brother is going to and my buddy's wife is

fuck negrep'd. uprep'd some other posts.

Considered doing this as an easy medical field job, but it seems the pay is very low (as chosen pointed out).

fuck negrep'd. uprep'd some other posts.

Considered doing this as an easy medical field job, but it seems the pay is very low (as chosen pointed out).

The easiest "legit" medical profession I've encountered is a respiratory therapist. An associates degree can make you a medical provider, who teaches people how to breathe...

They usually hover around $60,000. I can see this being my retirement job someday. Decent salary, minimal effort...

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/respiratory-therapists.htm

Edited by ChosenOne2000

The easiest "legit" medical profession I've encountered is a respiratory therapist. An associates degree can make you a medical provider, who teaches people how to breathe...

They usually hover around $60,000. I can see this being my retirement job someday. Decent salary, minimal effort...

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/respiratory-therapists.htm

Yeah, my uncle is one. He makes around 65k and works about 4-5 days a week on 12 hour shifts.

While were talking about jobs in the medical field, Chosen, you ever encounter people working in the biomedical engineering* field? If so, do you know around how much they make and what's their work is like. I ask because my older brother is going to be a freshman in college this year and will be majoring in BME in the years to follow.

/>/>

My wife was a pharmacy tech for 2 years. The most she made was $10/hr with a bachelors degree. I would love to know where pharmacy techs earn $30/hr (seriously). She went back to school to earn a 2nd bachelors to become a dietician because she wasn't earning enough as a pharmacy tech.

Starting wage as a pharm tech in san francisco is $20-25 depending on your test result and which company you work for. Im currently working at walgreen and started out with $24. Oh yeah. I got my tech license when I was 18. And now im 22 turning 23 soon. Been with the company ever since I got my license

oh and I only have a high school degree. Lol. Im suprise how you guys are so suprise about how much I make an hour lol... and josh no im not trying to be a pharmcist... majoring in criminal justice.

Edited by Anonymous

/>/>/>

While were talking about jobs in the medical field, Chosen, you ever encounter people working in the biomedical engineering* field? If so, do you know around how much they make and what's their work is like. I ask because my older brother is going to be a freshman in college this year and will be majoring in BME in the years to follow.

After quickly Googling "average salary biomedical engineer" it came up with approximately $85,000. However this number goes up as you rise through positions and engineering managers make about $40,000 more and the pay depends on what kind of BME you are doing (scientific R&D makes the most). This is all just from quickly Googling and clicking on the first link though, the information may be off. Edited by BananaPeelz

Yes, the Army has two MOSs dedicated to BME:

-68A (enlisted BME)

-670A (warrant officer BME)

I'm not gonna lie, BME in a clinical setting are more concerned about maintenance than repair or "engineering" (building). If a piece of hospital equipment is jacked up, we'll send it to medical maintenance to verify its defective and either: 1. send it back to the company for repair. 2. have a company rep come out to fix it. 3. toss it and get a new one.

One of the civilians at my old job received his BS in BME from JHU, I think he made around $72,000. That was his government salary. I'm sure driz has had more recent experiences with BMEs at his job.

Starting wage as a pharm tech in san francisco is $20-25 depending on your test result and which company you work for. Im currently working at walgreen and started out with $24. Oh yeah. I got my tech license when I was 18. And now im 22 turning 23 soon. Been with the company ever since I got my license

OK, that kinda makes sense. She was at Sam's Club in Tennessee. Cost of living + Jewmart = low salary. She started to chase the cert, but I think it would have make only a $5-$6/hr difference. Good job on passing the test at 18. I had an Army pharmacy tech work for me when I ran a field clinic. He was 35 and still hadn't passed the test.

Edited by ChosenOne2000

I make:

$7.75 an hour (30 hours weekly) = $200 after taxes

$15 hourly in tips (30 hours weekly) = $450 (untaxed)

$800 actual pay monthly

$1800 tips monthly

So basically I make $2600 monthly

Also, to break it down to prove my tips worth

Each delivery takes about 12 minutes for me

That's 5 deliveries per hour

The average person tips me $3 (some more, some less) *Side note, biggest tip ever was $47.14 ($12.86 order, gave me $60 total)

Delivery Boy for Pizza = Best job fiveever

Started out with  a shitty 2000 saturn living with my parents, now have my own 1 bedroom apartment with a luxury 2013 car (19 years old brah)

/>/>

I make:

$7.75 an hour (30 hours weekly) = $200 after taxes

$15 hourly in tips (30 hours weekly) = $450 (untaxed)

$800 actual pay monthly

$1800 tips monthly

So basically I make $2600 monthly

Also, to break it down to prove my tips worth

Each delivery takes about 12 minutes for me

That's 5 deliveries per hour

The average person tips me $3 (some more, some less) *Side note, biggest tip ever was $47.14 ($12.86 order, gave me $60 total)

Delivery Boy for Pizza = Best job fiveever

Started out with a shitty 2000 saturn living with my parents, now have my own 1 bedroom apartment with a luxury 2013 car (19 years old brah)

wow $3 bucks tip for delivery? That fucking suck... when I was 16 I was making about $200+ tips per night for deliveries. Each delivery was about at least $10 - 15 bucks tips. The cheapest bastard I ever encountered was giving $5 bucks tip for an 70 dollars order.

I also only work for about 3 hour and at most on weekend is 4 hours. Each deliver took about 10 minute or less because we have an 5 mile radius that we would do delivery. I was pretty much one of the only sophmore that was able to get a car and pay for everything himself with out parent funding. Pack with school and jrotc practices (flag drill team aka rifle team but sf ban rifle so we had to use flag poles & drum corp practice as a drum major). School end for me at around 230 but dont leave school until 7pm because of practices then go do my delivery job lol.

Note that this is california, we can get license at age 16. However we could not operate a motor vehicle after 10 pm. Some state require you to be 18+ to get a license I believe.

Edited by Anonymous

I work at a restaurant.  I make $8 plus tips which can fall anywhere around $50-$250 per night.

What kind of restaurant pays their waiters a full 8 an hour?

I work at a restaurant. I make $8 plus tips which can fall anywhere around $50-$250 per night.

Good ones.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Well that's minimum wage in California!  Also I work at a pretty nice restaurant in Los Gatos if anyone knows there that is.

Well that's minimum wage in California!  Also I work at a pretty nice restaurant in Los Gatos if anyone knows there that is.

Dude I love restaurants that are in the cats!

Minimum wage can also include tips. $8/hr is pretty high for a waiter.