Sign in to follow this  
Epicsauce

Upgrading a Laptop (ACER ASPIRE 5552G-5828)

Is it possible to upgrade an ACER laptop? My graphics card is alright but I want to get a new one which will be able to perform better, as well as upgrading RAM and driver memory (currently have 500gbs).

SPECS -

Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

RAM: 6 GB DDR3 Memory

Memory: 500 GB HDD

Processor: AMD Phenom ll X4 N930

If the motherboard supports DDR 3 RAM (which it does so you could upgrade) and has PCI 3.0 slots or something.

My custom build pc is a year old and i can't put the latest GPUs in it because it has PCI 2.0 slots

Edited by Master Chief

If the motherboard supports DDR 3 RAM (which it does so you could upgrade) and has PCI 3.0 slots or something.

My custom build pc is a year old and i can't put the latest GPUs in it because it has PCI 2.0 slots

How do I check for the PCI slots?

How do I check for the PCI slots?

I just read that most GPU are on the motherboard and can't be replaced, just like in my macbook. So I doubt you can upgrade it.

For example: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Laptop-Motherboard-FOR-ACER-Aspire-5552g-5552-5252-RS88-MBR4602001-MB-R4602-001-PEW96-LA-6552P/207656_546551718.html

It says the GPU is integrated.

You can still upgrade the RAM but I guess that won't make a lot of difference compared to upgrading the GPU or CPU

Edited by Master Chief

Yes you can. The bandwidth is just effectively halved

OT: Nothing really needs an upgrade based on the specs. You could probably gut the HDD and replace  it with a 1TB, but you've gotta take into account that there are 2 different types of 2.5" drives (Height-based, I think?) and you've gotta get the right one for your laptop

Edited by Moflstomp.mp3

crysis_5760_1080.gif

fuckin wot m8- you cant upgrade laptops period.

your laptop is equivilent to a $500 computer in 2009

or $150 today

so you pretty much have to save up and build a tower like a normal person no matter what at this point

crysis_5760_1080.gif

fuckin wot m8- you cant upgrade laptops period.

your laptop is equivilent to a $500 computer in 2009

or $150 today

so you pretty much have to save up and build a tower like a normal person no matter what at this point

wait so i can use like a gtx 780 on my pcie 2.0 slot?