Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyX6942

Company of Heroes

I'm pretty much addicted to this game now. If anyone plays (I've seen it pop up a few times in my Xfire list) drop me a line and we can dominate on Vire. I play exclusively Axis, due to the fact that the Allies are enormously overpowered, and am level 7 on both Werhmacht and PE. If you don't have the game I encourage to at least download it and try it out. It got game of the year when it came out and is fantastic in every aspect.

By own on Vire you mean turtle I'm guessing?

Hell no, thats what the brits are for. And Time, definitely get this, its so much better. Mikit, I believe you can manually download the patches from the site, so it would be worth it to look into that.

I only have the demo, I might consider buying it for my birthday when I get my new comp. Also, on GameFire they have streams of CoH playbacks under the OnDemand section, as well as GameReplays but here you have to download the MP3 audio feedback and the playback of the game, this is where you can see whichever person/team you want instead of just watching one from GameFire.

Turtling is when you build a bunch of sandbags, machine guns, mines, barbed wire, etc. and just sit back and wait for the enemy to attack you; preferably while using long range artillery to annoy the fuck out of them.

105 Howitzer ftw. Be sure to check out those 2 sites I suggested if you're bored and wanna look at some strats on those sites.

You're an arty whore aren't you... Ya I was facing a brit/american combo last night where the American had 4 howitzers and the brit had 3 priests and a 25 lber. It was retarded as shit, the best arty I could put out was my mortar halftrack (as PE). And project, only the Werhmacht can turtle well and no where near the extent that the brits can.

You're an arty whore aren't you... Ya I was facing a brit/american combo last night where the American had 4 howitzers and the brit had 3 priests and a 25 lber. It was retarded as shit, the best arty I could put out was my mortar halftrack (as PE). And project, only the Werhmacht can turtle well and no where near the extent that the brits can.

LOL, 4 105's and 3 Priests, holy shit, that's insane. I don't have the full game, but I usually spam 105's on the demo, all I do is just shoot them into the spawn points.

Edit: But PE can actually be effective if you can use nebelwerfers correctly. Also, BRIT EMPLACEMENTS and TRENCHES are so overpowered.

The Nazis can definetly turtle-seeing as how I faced some pre OF.

Its just the Werhmacht. The entire idea behind the PE is fast attacking and encircling the brits. They cant even build defensive structures.

LOL, 4 105's and 3 Priests, holy shit, that's insane. I don't have the full game, but I usually spam 105's on the demo, all I do is just shoot them into the spawn points.

Edit: But PE can actually be effective if you can use nebelwerfers correctly. Also, BRIT EMPLACEMENTS and TRENCHES are so overpowered.

Only the Werhmacht can use Nebs, but as of the moment brits are severely overpowered. Don't believe me? Check the leaderboards for them. The highest level for a brit I think is something like 18, maybe even 20, while the PE are still stuck at 14. As soon as the 2.3 patch comes out though, they'll be getting severely nurfed, or rather put back into balance.

Wehrmacht are considered part of the Nazis...

Sorta, the Nazi's were only a portion of the German forces, mainly the SS devisions. Its similar to saying that the US Army is all Democrats or Republicans. Actually, CoH does a good job of staying clear of any game content that could be considered pro Nazi and whatnot. The original game didn't even have a German campaign and the expansion portrayed the German's in the Market Garden campaign as more of soldiers defending their homeland which is under attack from invading forces than rampaging murderous Nazis.

Sorta, the Nazi's were only a portion of the German forces, mainly the SS devisions. Its similar to saying that the US Army is all Democrats or Republicans. Actually, CoH does a good job of staying clear of any game content that could be considered pro Nazi and whatnot. The original game didn't even have a German campaign and the expansion portrayed the German's in the Market Garden campaign as more of soldiers defending their homeland which is under attack from invading forces than rampaging murderous Nazis.

Sort of? The Wehrmacht WERE Nazis....

Sort of? The Wehrmacht WERE Nazis....

Omg no they weren't, at least not all of them. the Nazi's were a political party in the German government. Just because the vast majority of the war crimes were committed by Nazi's doesn't make their entire Armed Forces Nazis.

Omg no they weren't, at least not all of them. the Nazi's were a political party in the German government. Just because the vast majority of the war crimes were committed by Nazi's doesn't make their entire Armed Forces Nazis.

They were Nazis.