Sign in to follow this  
berserk

Benefits for Senior Members

Actually, 5 min bans are greatm If I have a person that I've warned, or is spamming or along thosse lines, I migth just do a 5 min to show them I'm not joking around, usually straightens them up.

And when he rejoins in 5 minutes and keep on spamming...what do you do then? Just 5 minute ban him again?

What I want to know is how many of you senior members donate to the clan....actually how many of you even play on the CS servers? I never see any of you guys in any of the servers aside from Foh (Foh, I know you both support the server and play). Basically you want something for nothing but seniority it seems.

You guys are shitting yourself about Waylon when in fact he has cleaned up his act a lot, supports the clan financially and is always in the servers enforcing rules. Sure he posts some bullshit in the forums sometimes..but we all do it and it is always in jest.

As you said to Fohacidal "Lul, this would have to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read."

As you said to Fohacidal "Lul, this would have to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read."

Please specify and make a point. Thanks for your cooperation :D

What I want to know is how many of you senior members donate to the clan....actually how many of you even play on the CS servers? I never see any of you guys in any of the servers aside from Foh (Foh, I know you both support the server and play). Basically you want something for nothing but seniority it seems.

You guys are shitting yourself about Waylon when in fact he has cleaned up his act a lot, supports the clan financially and is always in the servers enforcing rules. Sure he posts some bullshit in the forums sometimes..but we all do it and it is always in jest.

1. Obviously if berserk wants free admin for being a senior member, he isn't going to pay for it. If he could pay for it just fine there would be no point to this thread.

2. I play on the servers all the time, more than you do in fact, just not in the past week or so because I've been playing WoW.

3. Foh isn't a senior member anyways.

4. Not everyone cares about Waylon- just Time and Foh it seems.

That I can agree with 100%. I find it funny how Waylon is getting adviser, when back in the day he was a huge pain the ass with all his "Pool Partys" and was kicked and banned from the servers for alittle while. But I guess he grew up a lot in the past few months.

LAWL I was banned for 3 days like 2 years ago. Timetodie hahaha. This honestly is quite pathetic. You all expect shit when you don't do anything. I never see any of you play. I've seen Foh like twice, timetodie you don't even play and project rarely plays. Stop whining. Really no one wants to come to the forums and read whining material. I wasn't a pain in the ass. I brought people to play on the servers if you remember correctly. People always came back because Mayo and myself were fun. No matter what the leaders and the jcs do for the clan its never good enough. Even if I weren't chosen and timetodie was, someone else would bitch. I think if you don't play on the servers your wasting peoples time any way with whining. Foh I like how your bring a quote from another post that was in a post you got pwned on into this one. Nothing to do with maturity. You just need a wake up call because you think your a lot more intelligent than you really are.

1. Obviously if berserk wants free admin for being a senior member, he isn't going to pay for it. If he could pay for it just fine there would be no point to this thread.

2. I play on the servers all the time, more than you do in fact, just not in the past week or so because I've been playing WoW.

3. Foh isn't a senior member anyways.

4. Not everyone cares about Waylon- just Time and Foh it seems.

I guess you missed my point entirely. I am saying that just because you are a senior member does not mean you should be granted free admin. It's like giving an employee at work a huge bonus because he is a senior employee even if his sales have been very low (hope you get the picture). Project, what have you contributed to the community, servers and clan that makes you think you deserve free admin? Same goes for you berserk. Seriously, I bet if you could give P2 irrefutable proof pertaining to your past positive actions and future ones..I'm sure he would give you free admin.

PS. I checked hlstats and you have actually not logged in more time than I have. I am actually doubling your time logged in on one server compared to all of the servers you have logged in on combined :S

The only logic I don't see in this is why you would need it. There is pretty much always an admin on that can accomplish a lot more than any 5 minute ban could. How often do you see people getting banned for 5 minutes? Never. Have you guys ever given a good reason as to why you would need the power to ban someone for 5 minutes? Or have you just said ok, I am a vet so I want something from you.

I'm not trying to be mean here, but have you ever donated to the clan berserk? Have you reported lots of hackers...tried your hand at scripting or solving one of the servers problems? I'm just curious.

No I have never donated, because I can't. First of all my parents wouldn't let me second of all I have better things to spend my money on. I would love to help the clan out by donating time and fixing things up on servers. Yes I have reported hackers and admin abusers, yes I have given my ideas on server management and new mods, no I don't flame, spam, or act like a jackass on the forums. I would say I'm a pretty good member.

However I think it's ridiculous that you think an admin is on all the time. I also have to ask, why not give loyal members something? Banning is not exactly a fun power to have, I'm not asking for it just to muck around on the server. There are so many people that act like asses on the server, it never hurts to have a helping hand in sorting things out right?

No I have never donated, because I can't. First of all my parents wouldn't let me second of all I have better things to spend my money on. I would love to help the clan out by donating time and fixing things up on servers. Yes I have reported hackers and admin abusers, yes I have given my ideas on server management and new mods, no I don't flame, spam, or act like a jackass on the forums. I would say I'm a pretty good member.

However I think it's ridiculous that you think an admin is on all the time. I also have to ask, why not give loyal members something? Banning is not exactly a fun power to have, I'm not asking for it just to muck around on the server. There are so many people that act like asses on the server, it never hurts to have a helping hand in sorting things out right?

I believe the bolded attitude is not a good attitude to have. Someone has to spend the money for you and others to have a good time and be part of the community. I have other things I could spend my money on as well. Hell, I don't even really have a job or a credit card. I'm a student with no money. Yet I still find a way to donate to the clan. If you think your money is to good for the clan, then what makes you think that P2 thinks you are good enough for his money? (You do realize P2 is making an investment by giving you any responsibilities)

Honestly guys, we cannot consider you a senior member just for sitting in the clan for 8+ months, you have to have a good, helpful attitude, and be willing to help the clan, whether it is initiating positive changes, donating, or just helping new members out. You get what you deserve and have worked for.

I guess you missed my point entirely. I am saying that just because you are a senior member does not mean you should be granted free admin. It's like giving an employee at work a huge bonus because he is a senior employee even if his sales have been very low (hope you get the picture). Project, what have you contributed to the community, servers and clan that makes you think you deserve free admin? Same goes for you berserk. Seriously, I bet if you could give P2 irrefutable proof pertaining to your past positive actions and future ones..I'm sure he would give you free admin.

PS. I checked hlstats and you have actually not logged in more time than I have. I am actually doubling your time logged in on one server compared to all of the servers you have logged in on combined :S

I guessed you missed berserk's point entirely.

He isn't talking about members that don't do anything in case you missed that- which you obviously did.

And guess what? Those stats start in November of last year and I've played on the servers since January of last year. Currently it says I have spent around 6 days in all the servers combined and if I add up the time spent before November, I'm sure I would have over 9 days of playing.

And I have tried to do things within the clan- oddly enough no leaders besides Oreo even posted on it. Why don't you do your duties?

I guessed you missed berserk's point entirely.

He isn't talking about members that don't do anything in case you missed that- which you obviously did.

And guess what? Those stats start in November of last year and I've played on the servers since January of last year. Currently it says I have spent around 6 days in all the servers combined and if I add up the time spent before November, I'm sure I would have over 9 days of playing.

And I have tried to do things within the clan- oddly enough no leaders besides Oreo even posted on it. Why don't you do your duties?

Oh I realize what he was trying to say, but I guess you missed the undertone of my entire message. I am basically saying that all of you asking for admin are not really doing anything for the clan currently, hence I don't think you deserve admin.

OH WAIT, my duties! Yeah, my duties..lets see. I handle a lot of the hackers reports and most of the recruitment apps lately. I have pretty much fixed the WCS server as well as added some sweet new races. Mmm, lets see...yeah my duties ;)

I love how you dodge arguments and respond only to those which you think make yourself look good.

Oh shit recruitment apps and hacker reports? Those must be some tough things to handle.

I believe the bolded attitude is not a good attitude to have. Someone has to spend the money for you and others to have a good time and be part of the community. I have other things I could spend my money on as well. Hell, I don't even really have a job or a credit card. I'm a student with no money. Yet I still find a way to donate to the clan. If you think your money is to good for the clan, then what makes you think that P2 thinks you are good enough for his money? (You do realize P2 is making an investment by giving you any responsibilities)

When did I say my money was too good for the clan??? If I had money coming out of my asshole I would donate to the clan, as of now I have other priorites. Again I would love to contribute my time and any other things for the benefit of the clan, I just can't use my money. My parents are already very iffy when it comes to spending money online, I just don't see donating to a gameing clan very possible. Yes someone does have to spend money to make sure we have a good time. P2. They are his servers, he knew what he was getting in to when he started UV, so donations or admin purchases should be welcome, but never nessecary. Quite frankly the feeling I get from the leadership is that if you don't donate your opinion dosen't mean shit. The only reasons I'm asking for any kind of power on the server is for increasing the enjoyment of myself and the other people on, not just for the sake of having power.

Yeah I know, I have banned so many people, locked and deleted so many threads and so on. Yeah I am definitely throwing my power in everyones face. Actually, I am just trying to respond to your begging and accusations. Senior members wanted benefits and now they are getting benefits. You all have a chance at future advisor positions of which will be chosen from the most dedicated of our ranks.

Yeah I know, I have banned so many people, locked and deleted so many threads and so on. Yeah I am definitely throwing my power in everyones face. Actually, I am just trying to respond to your begging and accusations.

Begging? Please just answer my question.

What do you have to lose by giving minimal power and voice to loyal members of the clan?

Begging? Please just answer my question.

What do you have to lose by giving minimal power and voice to loyal members of the clan?

Nothing. This is why we have created the advisor group.

Feb. 18- http://www.undeadvengeance.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=7641

After JCS, Feb. 29, http://www.undeadvengeance.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=7839

You then exhange flames with Mad, knowing there would be no consequence. You make a topic arguing religion, which I might add has been done before, and rather than responding in a kind manner, you insult people.

So what if their opinion is different? Just because you're a JCS doesn't make your opinion any better or worse. If you're supposed to lead by example and tell us not to flame, then do it yourself.

Feb. 18- http://www.undeadvengeance.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=7641

After JCS, Feb. 29, http://www.undeadvengeance.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=7839

You then exhange flames with Mad, knowing there would be no consequence. You make a topic arguing religion, which I might add has been done before, and rather than responding in a kind manner, you insult people.

So what if their opinion is different? Just because you're a JCS doesn't make your opinion any better or worse. If you're supposed to lead by example and tell us not to flame, then do it yourself.

I only replied with insult after I was insulted. I then realized the error of my ways and apologized in that very thread, allowing Foh to have the closing statement.

If anything I had a heightened awareness that my actions would be scrutinized when I was talking with Mad. However, I would have done the exact same thing were I not JCS. I am a mature and competent leader and I bring many benefits along with my position. You have another competent and very active JCS. Thing have gotten done and will continue to get done.

As I have vowed not to discuss religion on these forums again, you will not see any more posts like that out of me.

Project, I think it comes down to the fact that you have not even been active for a month. As soon as a bit of power is being handed out you are all over the board thinking you deserve some.

*Edit: I just want everyone to realize that the clan lives off of these admin subscriptions. By handing out free admin you are setting a precident for all people to think they deserve free admin. So not only are you taking funds out of the clans pocket but you are also inviting every single person in the clan to come knocking on P2's door asking for admin (which he doesn't need to deal with).

I only replied with insult after I was insulted. I then realized the error of my ways and apologized in that very thread, allowing Foh to have the closing statement.

If anything I had a heightened awareness that my actions would be scrutinized when I was talking with Mad. However, I would have done the exact same thing were I not JCS. I am a mature and competent leader and I bring many benefits along with my position. You have another competent and very active JCS. Thing have gotten done and will continue to get done.

As I have vowed not to discuss religion on these forums again, you will not see any more posts like that out of me.

Project, I think it comes down to the fact that you have not even been active for a month. As soon as a bit of power is being handed out you are all over the board thinking you deserve some.

Really? Did I start this topic? I don't even think I directly stated I wanted admin and I have never mentioned anything of advisors or power. Active for a month? I post on the forums everyday and I have played on the servers in the past month.

Really? Did I start this topic? I don't even think I directly stated I wanted admin and I have never mentioned anything of advisors or power. Active for a month? I post on the forums everyday and I have played on the servers in the past month.

Your demeanor suggested to me that you wanted admin.

We all make assumption..its called induction my friend. We live our lives by it.

I have some questions for you:

1) Where do we draw the line for who is eligible to receive free admin?

2) Who do we assign to watch over those who are chosen to be admin?

3) How do we keep track of everyone who receives free admin?

4) Who is going to spend the time to develop free admin guidelines?

5) Who are we going to get to retrieve all of the admins steams, add them to the admin file then set up all of their admin. Oh yeah P2 or Bios..both of whom are busy people.

I can tell you right now that it is tough to enforce admins. Almost everyone eventually gets fed up and does something wrong....like ban a player for an extended amount of time. By adding a bunch of free admins we are inviting trouble.

If you are willing to fight so adamantly over it on here..why don't you just save up 50 bucks and get one of those credit card gift card things from a store. You can then buy admin and have all of the perks. Anyone can save up the money..it just depends where your priorities lay.

I think this serior thing is dumb. To hard to keep track of. I have know idea what this Advisor thing is, except that it was given to mature members. I think they should get a skin and 5min ban if anything. Being a senior member means nothing if you don't meet the quality that the leadership thinks is good enogh. I think you need to earn it by participating, being patient, being mature, and maybe putting some money twards the clan. I saw what Berzerker said "second of all I have better things to spend my money on" If you have better things to spend your money on then supporting our clan and what we are doing, then quit complaining. Also, I think its funny, you guys always look at how many posts people have done and think thats how they got their position and what not when I could go right now and boost my post count by spamming. I have no hopes of ever getting free admin and thats fine with me. Admin isn't a big deal, its responsability. I have been wanting to donate for a while and just recently found a way to do so(thanks to TimeToDie) and Waylon also mentioned I should buy admin instead. I think buying it is a great Idea because I can donate and get admin. It shows your willing to support the community. Support what you believe in. Theres my input, I know its confusing, but I suck at putting my thoughts out in writing.

---------------------------EDIT--------------------------

Ok, just found out what Advisors are. I think thats also a great plan set in motion.