Sign in to follow this  
Kordless

Tips to improve aim?

What good people say to do is to burstfire and/or learn the spray patterns.  Practicing on deathmatch servers is also recommended.

You can also alter your mouse's sensitivity if you think it might help.  I've known people who are good who play with high and others who prefer low sensitivity.

Edited by waffles

What good people say to do is to burstfire and/or learn the spray patterns. Practicing on deathmatch servers is also recommended.

You can also alter your mouse's sensitivity if you think it might help. I've known people who are good who play with high and others who prefer low sensitivity.

That is the same info I have been told and play lots and lots of tdm and use tdm to practice each weapon and use that one weapon the whole time to improve and then switch to a different one. And there could be some videos on youtube about.

And on youtube aplfisher had css videos about guns but idk about csgo

Edited by Silent_Shot

Get into the habit of aiming higher. Most people tend to aim toward the ground when they are running around but you should never be doing that. I understand the logic of people saying that shooting lower + spraying = recoil increase the height of your cross-hair to someones head and they are correct that does work. But that is strictly from short distances, from long distances that type of habit doesn't work. As said before, yes burst firing guns is the most efficient way of controlling your aim and recoil. Using 2-3 shot bursts will control your cross-hair spread and make it much easier to get headshots. Controlling recoil is definitely important, but not really when it comes to aim. Having a controlled spray is useful when spamming doors or if you panic and it will help, bu its not necessary. Just simply getting into the habit of aiming at peoples heads, whether a knife, pistol, awp, ak, just anywhere while running around and your aim will significantly improve.

Edit: Sadly hacking actually can help you also, especially walls. They give you the picture of what level your gun should be at while turning corners to get headshots as well as give an idea for where people tend to camp/play. I don't recommend hacking, but if your that bad then sure

Edited by wind.exe

Transitioning from AvA (alliance of valiant arms, f2p steam game/what I played before GO released for beta) to GO was pretty hard at first because the recoils were different. At the time of beta, the only servers that were really open were surf servers, which I didn't understand how to do then. The only other option? Offline with bots. Honestly, playing easy mode with bots helps a lot. It helped me learn how the hitboxes worked- getting me to aim for the head. Helped getting used to how each weapon fires and sprays.

It's my tip to people when they ask how i'm good in comp (though wind is some form of kryptonite to me; I always suck when i'm playing with him.)

If you want to be good at counterstrike, I suggest not playing CT side on Jailbreak like you usually do. Shooting at still Terrorists gets you into lazy habits and makes you not know how to shoot at moving people.

Get used to bursting. Helps aim.

Edited by TurtleFrenzy

I can only recommend you to do one thing, make EVERY shot count especially when using a Ak47 or the m4.

Go for headshots only, join HS servers its

exactly what I did. I went from being a gold nova 2 to being in the silvers back to double AK with a several weeks practice.

HS only servers are a great way to improve your aim, while teaching you the basics. You can learn the Do's and Dont's of CS:GO simply by trial and error. After getting owned a few times for stupid mistakes you learn what not to do. Like for example, peeking the same corner twice is never a good thing to do as your enemy will be waiting there for you just to hit you with a headshot. Learn the guns recoil patterns, learn to control them, learn when to go for headshots and when to spray. I play on a VERYGAMES HS only server to practice and it helps me a lot. Also, I've noticed you crouch almost always in a gunfight. Crouching should be used as a last resort when peeking a corner to throw your enemy off, or when the enemy is lit up as you can take them down fast enough. Generally, crouching isn't good to do as it's VERY easy for the opponent to headshot you, or just peek the corner aggressively burst firing you. You should watch some videos on youtube, and spectate the top player on an HS only server to get the jist of the whole thing. 

Edit: Sadly hacking actually can help you also, especially walls. They give you the picture of what level your gun should be at while turning corners to get headshots as well as give an idea for where people tend to camp/play. I don't recommend hacking, but if your that bad then sure

Don't ever use aimbot. Ever.

It will make you lazy and ruin your aim.

I'd recommend the splewis strat of never improving your aim, but instead spending all your time figuring out smokes/flashes alone that you never actually get to throw in a match.  :)

Edited by splewis