Sign in to follow this  
Shadow

Important News: Minigames

About 7 months ago when I volunteered to pickup Minigames the server was unplayable. Minigames had 8 maps on it with no bhopping, no surfing, broken physics, and no custom content. I put tons of hours into improving the server to make it playable and then to make it unique. The server resembles CSS Minigames as closely as possible. It now has over 65 maps and a custom store with tons of features to make it unique. Originally I planned on changing MG to another server, but you guys, the community, voted to keep MG around, so I took it upon myself to improve it. For the last month or so the server has sat empty even with all the hours of work I put into it making it not only playable, but adding tons of custom content.

All that is left to make the server popular is for people to play on it and attract a new playerbase to the server. With that being said if the server doesn’t pick up in activity I will be shutting the server down to free up more resources for us to use.

I am unwilling to host another event for the server after how low attendance was for the last event hosted on the server. If you guys simply play on it a few hours a day and invite your friends and encourage others to do so; the server will begin to catch the eyes of others and cause more players to frequently visit the server. I am going to give the server another two weeks or so to pick up in activity. If you have been helping out or plan on starting, we thank you for your service.

If you have any suggestions for the server please feel free to leave a comment in this thread.

Thanks for your time,

-Shadow, Public Relations/Events/CSGO Advisor

Edited by Shadow

:////

k i got this

Yeah but tbh for the last couple of months I've been joining to MG whenever there has been any population in it... But with servers like minigames you would really need a "kickstarter" group of people that join in and keep the population up since no one wants to play in an empty server and no random player is gonna bother trying to populate some empty MG server when he can just search for a full one.

I will say i dont like playing the course maps and thats what makes me steer clear cause their all so hard that its just specing one guy for the majority of every round

I will say i dont like playing the course maps and thats what makes me steer clear cause their all so hard that its just specing one guy for the majority of every round

why u so bad? course maps are so gud :>

I know that there are some issues with !cpmenu that have been brought up before such as people abusing it. People already abuse the server features as is by stalling rounds so other people can't respawn. At least from what i've seen, it wouldn't hurt to implement !cpmenu and put it into the server title so people who search for it will pull up the sG server. At this point, the server's going down anyways, so I don't see any harm in at least trying it.

!cp should be disabled for multigames maps and war maps etc... And how about course maps what happens when you complete it? Do people get teleported to you for killing or does it just slay everyone else or what is there some kind of winners room?

Edited by xmen

!cpmenu does not come with a filter. It would have to be hard coded into the plugin, but this wouldn't solve the problem. You would still have to wait on coursemaps until everyone is dead. 

!cp should be disabled for multigames maps and war maps etc... And how about course maps what happens when you complete it? Do people get teleported to you for killing or does it just slay everyone else or what is there some kind of winners room?

At the end of the most of course maps usually there is something that will kill you, but you get points/kills.  The only one I know of that teleports and kills everyone is one of the saw maps.

Where is Elmo when you need him?

Sup?

Edit: Shadow, can you lower the server count so it's not on 32 players? I've been suggesting it but It doesn't looks good having like say 5/32. It looks better if its 24 just so it can fill up imo. Once it regains then increase it back to 32. 

Edited by Chaulklet.Shake(Elmo)

Sup?

Edit: Shadow, can you lower the server count so it's not on 32 players? I've been suggesting it but It doesn't looks good having like say 5/32. It looks better if its 24 just so it can fill up imo. Once it regains then increase it back to 32. 

Sure. Now play on the server!

I've been attempting to attract more players by going on a decent amount in the past two months. 

best way I've found is just spam your friends list with invites, that usually gets a good game going then floods of randoms start coming.

I LOVE THIS SERVER DONT PUT IT DOWN!

NOW EVERYBODY I THINK YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO.... NOW GO AND FINISH THE JOURNEY

Edited by HurFFiNatEr010

Maybe implement something on course maps that kills the last two people after 30 seconds?

Actually a really good idea. maybe more elevation throughout the games as well.

Sign in to follow this