Sign in to follow this  
LOPEZ

GTA IV , LCPD : First Response Mod!

Hi all. So, a couple of days ago I saw a FB post from a community member who lurks around (waax) which was a gameplay video of a modded version of GTA IV. 

Here's a random game play video from it. 

and here's another one that shows all the endless possibilities of the mod, crazy cars and minecraft stuff etc, the list goes on. 

So basically, what this mod is, it's an upside down version of GTA IV, instead of being a thug, you're a cop, as you can see there's a ton of things you can do and thousands of vehicle models that you can download it from. (the website for all the downloads and skins etc is www.lcpdfr.com )

So far JC, Boondocks and me have been playing it and it's really fun. The only problem is that there's a lot of crashing because GTA IV multiplayer is just shit and with all the mods it's a lot for the game to handle, but we're trying to work around that because this mod is just so goddamn fun, and hopefully we can find some ways to prevent crashing. (I mainly crash because I use a laptop, and it's a piece of shit)

If you want to play with us, download the mod pack that Boondocks put together, (it's a package of all the things (vehicle models etc) that JC, Boondocks and I are using). For it to work you're going to need to have all the exact same things as us, so just download this package and nothing else, unless you want to play alone, then visit the websites on how to get more skins and what not. 

Here's the package that Boondock made : http://www.mediafire.com/download/91uxxq64c7p17i8/LCPD_Modpack.rar

(there's install notes in each folder for each step, but you can always ask me for some help or google it, the website has a lot of support on many issues, but it should work if you follow the install notes). 
You're obviously also going to need to own a legitimate copy of GTA IV so you can run multiplayer and this mod. 

hit me up for any questions or once you're ready to go and play, so we can get it going on. 

IGN : 

LOPEZ : BewejelMe (lolfukoffitsgayiknow)
JC : Julez Rain
ElectronicDrug: ElectronicDrug
Hurffinator: marcs father
Serperior: EarlyHydra965
Edited by LOPEZ

Used to play it, cool mod, Does anybody play gta 4 on multiplayer?

YES, but only with this mod ^^ 

ALSO, EXTRA NOTE, DO NOT TOUCH THE POLICE HELPER, we've left it out because that was one of the reasons why the game was crashing too much. 

Just do not move the police helper files into the script files, leave it on your desktop or whatever. 

Fuck man, it's hard to focus on the mod when there's always one motherfucker who goes around the city like a madman hunting down us cops. 

I got the whole gta series on sale for 12.50 earlier this year.

Yep. I did too. Too bad my computer is too shitty to run GTA IV. That mod looks pretty interesting though.

I've been using LCPDFR, but I kind of broke my game trying to install a different siren sound for the cop cars... could someone give me resident.rpf so I don't have to reinstall? It's located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\audio\Sfx

...Hopefully I can get it to working before I need the file. If I can, I suggest using the police siren I will be using. It's MUCH more realistic and sounds really great: http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/3088-federal-signal-smartsiren-2000/

Edited by Lv. 100 Serperior

le bump

many people are starting to play, looks good :)

there is still the problem with crashing but there's no way of solving it because of general GTA IV multiplayer problems.

Since a lot of people have the mod installed now my idea is maybe to get something like this going?

Now, that's a lot more serious, I want to do it a lot less serious and just have everyone driving around, maybe some with partners and some without, and just everyone do your own shit but we'll all be on TS and can we help each other with pursuits etc..

Also, Boondocks can fly helicopters really well, so he'll make sure to fuck shit up from the air.

Is anyone down for a group get together to play tonight or maybe tomorrow night?

Edited by LOPEZ

Can anyone who plays it and wants to play online with the rest of us post their IGN, so we can all add each other and join each other's game when necessary. 

Your windows live name. 

I'll edit the original post to make a list of all names. 

YOYO me lopez and dogsgomeow are playing now.Hit one of us up through steam for our live names

Nah, we can't alt + tab, because that'll crash the game, due to mods and shit. 

Just add one of us on windows live if you've got everything set and then you can join our session in progress when we've accepted it.