Sign in to follow this  
fatb0y

Regarding recent events

Thanks fatb0y for the update. I think you and the other staff are doing great. Thanks for the update and letting us know what is going on.

IF A WCS OR WAR 3 OPENS, HOLLA AT YA BOI! 

Nah but the staff pool is rather large, and it's rather confusing to say who does what.
A few more events would be cool (just saw the minigames one).

Have Sketch and Drunk capitalize :>

"So I ask you now, what do you guys, the community, want from us as Staff. How can we be better? Do we even want to keep the servers online? Do we want to be just a forum?

Although we as Staff keep this community running as best we can, this community would be nothing without you guys. You guys are the substance of this community, and as such your opinions are needed for us to decide how we should change this community so that it can continue to strive."

I believe the community is fine, it's simply a matter now of filling in the right people into the open spots and try to prevent something similar to this from happening again. I know we've let groups of friends and whatever exist in staff but I believe that it went a bit too far this time. If we can do anything to try and prevent this from happening on this scale again then I would definitely be for such a system but I can understand any hesitation towards something like it. The community is fine as is, we're thriving right now in CSGO and TTT is still going strong(I definitely want to see Theatre get populated). Maybe we could go back and host server nights more often, as I know we used to do that all the time with ZE and it would be packed all the time. I think the community has been watched over well despite this recent occurrence and I think it's handled fine. I'm not sure how much my previous opinion matters, but in all honesty I don't think you should be worried about anything.

Edit: Forgot to mention this on servers, since it was stated that the servers weren't what they used to be. I think one of the defining things about our servers is the atmosphere. Using Monkeh as an example, he essntially became of the faces and arguably the most loved people of the server. I think we should encourage the type of environment he brings to the table, relaxed and fun. What made sG different when I first started playing on the servers was this environment and its what seperates us from other ones. We should encourage this and try to shift the mind of the players from feeling like its a very overseen server to just enjoying the community as they play.

Edited by Oreo

It was funny to me when I read the convo and saw the people talking about DDOS wondering why they got demoted or kicked. I don't really think Youngz deserved it though, but that's just my personal opinion. I also saw that X-men was kicked out for presumably no reason at all and then reinstated at a later date, which was silly.

Also, Mimic's message wasn't purely a reiteration of the already-listed SO guidelines. He also stated that we were not to be inviting any sG members, whether on the forums, in-game or otherwise to SiJ, which is not regarded anywhere in the guidelines unless I'm mistaken.

Edited by Dyscivist

So I ask you now, what do you guys, the community, want from us as Staff. How can we be better? Do we even want to keep the servers online? Do we want to be just a forum?

Here's a few things I'd like to see:

• Personally I want to have a vague, general description of our finances. Knowing where we stand and how much we have to work with will energize ideas into opening new servers & games

• WCS needs to make a return on CS:GO. It is too good of a game mode to be left to die. Hire someone if volunteer work isn't panning out.

• I think a general consensus on what people enjoy to play may give some insight into what sG can manage with server ideas/clan gaming sessions.

I agree with Texian wholeheartedly on point 1.

sG is too quiet on finances. sG needs either  A. posting a monthly members only report on finances or B. posting a fully public one

one of the two, cause there are like 10 staff who know what is going on, and hundreds of members who dont

Thanks for the update fatboy!

I agree with daileyy and then archy as well but towards ruffles

also ze just needs a new crowd to keep it filled but minigames doesn't seem that anyone plays on the server

Edited by Ghøst

Holy shit bro, calm down with the dick sucking....

Didn't know being updated on some parts of all of this drama is considered dick sucking... The more you know.

On the topic of suggesting things, I'm not sure how all these would work out but they are just some suggestions.

Advertising: could be a number of things, banners on sites, doing top 100 server boards and hiking our ass to the top with votes, or even go back to good ole youtube videos and share em like crazy.

Minecraft: I'm sure most of you don't give a fuck about minecraft, but I feel we could draw in people that way. We could also start advertising this server more too, maybe some events to attract randoms ( drop parties, games, and what have you)

Another possibility, What if we brought in a console game? After all, thats how we (UV) started. 

Edited by Illogical

When I saw them crying I thought the sudden punishment was kinda harsh, but after seeing these screenshots lolololololol 

Most of you are cool and I plan to stick around TTT for awhile, any advice I got for the server is to keep gradually adding content (maps, fun weapons) every few months or w/e.

Edited by Mufasa

In my personal opinion as a guy who grew up in UV/sG, this has to be the best clan I've ever participated in. SiJ is just another shoot off clan that comes out every so often; Mitch is going to fuck that clan up as he is a unstable piece of shit. I have the texts on my phone to prove that much (easily one of the biggest mistakes I made to give him my number).

If staff wants to make the community better my ideas are the following:

1. WCS- way too popular to not try

2. No more first day SO's/Staff unless competent in coding and or management

3. Keep being the best damn community out there and dont let this needless drama deny us from having a good time!

Edited by Prosak

IF A WCS OR WAR 3 OPENS, HOLLA AT YA BOI! 

Nah but the staff pool is rather large, and it's rather confusing to say who does what.

A few more events would be cool (just saw the minigames one).

Have Sketch and Drunk capitalize :>

IMPROVING THE COMMUNITY ONE POST AT A TIME

Sign in to follow this